acceleration stutter;need troubleshooting help

CassMori

Boost Addict
Ok, background first:
as a few of you might have noticed, I did a HG change this weekend. cleaned everything up, checked flatness/finish, reassembled w/new gaskets on everything that came apart, all torqued to spec, except head, torqed to 72 ft-lbs. NO changes were made, except bypassing the coolant going to the TB.

The Problem:
car idles reasonably well, engine shakes too much. when TB is opened up, engine stutters like a cylinder is not firing, or it's lugging badly. This is at any rpm. when cruising, runs fine, until TB is opened more (accelerate). has good power (a little low on torque), especially on boost, holds boost fine. has more compression now than before the HG swap.

Things checked/observed:
timing is spot-on. spent 3 hrs. dicking with it, thinking that was the problem;
all injectors seem to be firing;
all plugs/coils are connected;
all wires/plugs/hoses/vacuum lines were reconnected to thier proper places.
all grounds reconnected & tight
has slight weepage around No. 2 fuel line banjo (junction under intake)

Ideas:
ECU was unplugged for ~48 hrs. may be relearning;
a coilpack is unplugged/loose, and I missed it on re-install;
fuel seepage is causing pressure problems (will be fixed in am tomorrow);
engine is fubar;

if anyone has any comments, suggestions, opinions, random thoughts, or other things to check that I may have missed/not thought of, please express yourself!

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
Since you do have the Lexus AFM I'd bank on your ECU relearning. Every Lexus install I've seen required the ECU to relearn everything, so the first day or so of driving was low idle and general misbehavior. But just for the fun of it, go through every harness on the car (especially TPS, AFM, coil pack, CPS, ISC, coolant sensors, ignitor and injector resistor pack) and make sure they are all snug.

CassMori

Boost Addict
Bishop92t said:
But just for the fun of it, go through every harness on the car (especially TPS, AFM, coil pack, CPS, ISC, coolant sensors, ignitor and injector resistor pack) and make sure they are all snug.

Thanks for the advice, Bishop. Was going through checking the plugs on my lunch break at work tonite, found the #4 injector clip wasn't pushed on all the way! Problem solved!