DDP vs 3' Dp and bigger elbow

blacksupra

Apr 9, 2005
Buena Park,CA
I have the 3' catback no cats and 3' Dp so I was thinking of buying the Divorce DP or just get a bigger elbow.
Has anybody switch from a 3' dp to DDp?
How much whp gain?

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I went from a 3inch elbow and DP to the DDP with integrated elbow. I haven't been dynoing the results, but there was definitely more power there.

Randy has dyno sheets that show a 29 rwhp increase when moving from a regular 3" DP to the 3" DDP. Dynos were done on the same car, same day, virtually the same time - just long enough between runs to pull the one pipe and bolt up the other.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Wow, I would like to know other mods to that car. 29hp seems like a huge gain to me over a traditional DP.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
jester1341 said:
vents WG exhaust gasses to the atmosphere and creates effectivly 3.5" of exhaust flow at full boost

right?

john

correct, sir.

-shaeff

supra90mkiii

Apr 2, 2005
Racine, WI
because of the added flow for the exhaust, the boost tends to rise more, which is where you get most of the power from. regular 3" dp with elbow plus boost controller.......

my brother had a ddp on his talon, it sounded nce, but got annoying, very loud, easy for cops to notice.

encomiast

boosted kraut
Mar 31, 2005
germany
blacksupra said:
I have the 3' catback no cats and 3' Dp so I was thinking of buying the Divorce DP or just get a bigger elbow.
Has anybody switch from a 3' dp to DDp?
How much whp gain?
wow... 3' (3 FEET) ? that's one helluva downpipe :p *scnr*

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
supra90mkiii said:
my brother had a ddp on his talon, it sounded nce, but got annoying, very loud, easy for cops to notice.
All you need to do is not rip around town at wide open throttle all the time and it's very quiet. Methinks your bro has a problem with the old lead foot disease, no? ;)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
that, or the hairdryers on those cars build full boost if you sneeze on the gas pedal...

-shaeff

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
I went from an upgraded O2 housing and full 3" mandrel DP to the DDP. I had to turn the boost controller down to make the same amount of boost, but there was definitely more power from just the DDP. The sound is only louder at full boost. I can still drive around quietly and even boost up a few psi quietly. With practice you can know exactly how much throttle and boost you can use without extra noise. I even made a video right click save as