oil filter relocation kit (Advance Auto Employess READ)

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
Advance Auto can get the toyota oil filter relocation kit for the 7m (or any m series for that fact. Its 52 bucks, which isn't a bad price. It can be ordered in single filter or dual filter setup and comes with everything needed. Judging by the price on ebay, thats a fairly good deal and can be had next day with no shipping charges. Its in the MR Gasket catolouge for those interested. I'll get the part number later. I will be picking up one this week for my car :)

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
this uses the stock toyota filter.......but advance employees get a 20% discount bringing the price to withing 5 dollars of summit :)

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
I'm still looking at getting a dual setup for my 2JZ (I assume this same one will fit). Do you have the part number and do you know if it's usually kept in stock at the stores?

bluemax

The Family Man
Mar 30, 2005
Orange County, CA
Fram is one of the worst oil filters you can get. Its cheaply made. Doesn't filter as good. Although were not driving VW's, its not recommended for VW's because they burst at the higher pressures VW uses.
Believe it or not, Motorcraft is one of the best. I remember when I used to look for Fram and I hated to get Motorcraft. But then a few people actually cut the filters up and tested them head to head.

L

lanky189

ok so summit is higher than Advance Auto Parts (im an AAP manager)
Ask them to price match. They'll price match and add the 7 dollar or whatnot handling fee that Jegs and Summit add on and you'll have the relocater for summits price but with next day or same day delivery time. Also.. you can get the relocator kit for the 5.0 mustang and it will work just the same and use the larger filters (whatever brand you may choose)

So yeah.. ask the guys behind the counter to price match, they CAN PRICE MATCH JEGS AND SUMMIT! demand it from them if they shirk you off. any problems with that PM me..and I'll help you get the deal you deserve from your Local Advance Auto Parts store.

Matthew (off topic mod)

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
Well, when you get it in, upload some pictures....

pictures are worth 1000 words + some.....

I wont buy stuff unless i KNOW it works...

I am just going to use the greddy kit when i get around to that stuff.....I will just build another motor.... :)

DEFIANT 7M

101MM stroke of INSANITY!
Mar 30, 2005
Nashville/Miami
WHO ARE WE? ADVANCE AUTO PARTS
WHAT DO WE DO! SELL MORE PARTS HAVE MORE FUN
ARE YOU READY? BRING IT ON!!!

We see standalones too :icon_razz my Holley 950...

:biggrinbo

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
siman said:
Well, when you get it in, upload some pictures....

pictures are worth 1000 words + some.....

I wont buy stuff unless i KNOW it works...

I am just going to use the greddy kit when i get around to that stuff.....I will just build another motor.... :)

I'd like pics too... Greddy kit costs twice as much as any dual-filter kit. So, I plan to go with a universal dual kit, so that I an also have a spot for another sensor if needed. Also, sure you want quality filters, but when using dual filters the filtering is twice as good. SO, the minor differences between some filters' filtering capabilities can be mitigated. I'll be using the better filters that will work well with synthetic oil anyways.

E

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Just get a single filter kit and use the stock Toyota filters. Most MkIV owners swear by the OEM oil filters. From SupraStore, it's $15 for a 3-pack of OEM filters. Decent, especially for an OEM part.
At least get a reputable filter with an anti-drainback system. Oil/Lubrication and cooling are not places to skimp or be a cheap-ass.

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
if the filter is pointed down is doesn't have to have an anti drainback valve.....or does it?
Another thing I was wondering is how does this affect the length of time is takes to get oil pressure on a cold start. That kind of has me worried......

jester1341

topless and blown
Mar 30, 2005
Western Maryland
do we have a part number. you said it accepts 'stock' filters so i assume that means any stock 'sized' filter right??

also IIRC the K&N and the mobile oil filter were about even for 1st and bosch, WIX, and napa filters all about a close 2nd[with no difference between silver and gold accept a small differance in price] the rest were mostly 'good enough' but fram was way sub standard

just cuz it's easy to twist off the textured end :bling: doesn't make it the best :umno: :thumbdown:

john

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
Not only do Frams have a crappy filter medium, but their bypass valves (a valve the lets unfiltered oil by when it's 40 below out and the oil is too thick to pass through the filter) never quite close, and always let some unfiltered oil by.

The Fram "tough guard" filters were the same filters on the inside, just with a fancier canister.

IIRC Wix and Motorcraft were the best paper filters, and K&N and Mobil, with their synthetic filter media, were the best of all.

I think I read all this on bobistheoilguy.com ... but I don't remember for sure.