15" rims for the supra?

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
15" rims will fit on the rear. I had a set of 15x8 weld draglites on the back of the maroon car, so they do work. Unfortunately, the most backspacing you can get with the draglite is 5", and 6" woulda been perfect to tuck the 28" tire better so it wouldnt rub. A 26x10.5 ET street would probably fit without rub, dependign on how lowered the car is.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
27x10.5 on 15x8 6.5" offset on eibachs fit w/o rubbing.

as far as wheel itself, tons of options. how much you looking to spend?

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
here is a pic of them mounted on the mkiv- dont have a pic of them on mkiii. have since been sold and now he has 28" on there. dont know if those will fit or not, would be really tight.

Hoosier4.jpg

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
glad i could help. 590rw thru powerglide. 1.55 60' and 1/4 9.46@143 those are hoosier quick time pro, not full slicks (might as well be tho). switched to 28" for better gearing. dyno numbers are a little low b/c of the pg and loose converter. comparable to low 700rw on manual tranny says kean at BL and larry at SP.

now your turn- got that speedo cable on yet? ;)

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
Wow! I'd say it's hooking just fine! lol!

Eh, damned elbow is too big. I'm running an elec speedo, so I have a hall-effect sensor that was hooking to the elbow. If it were going to be cable operated I'd have it going already. K.I.S.S. would've been a good motto for me on it I suppose! lol! I think I can use an abs sensor to get a signal from, so I'll try that out when I get a chance. Heh, I haven't even had time to drive the car for over a week now though so it may be a bit. I have hopes of doing it this weekend, but we'll see how that goes...

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
Dave, I'm not seeing them on Summit with a 6.5 backspacing just a 5.5.

Bryan, Summit is listing the Drag-Lites with up to a 5.5 backspace. Are you confident that will provide a proper fit? Sounds to me like it should.

If you guys think those are the correct measurements I'll order them in Aug.

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
Jon...i had the 15x8s with the 5.5 BS. With 28x9 slicks, they rubbed hard when it squatted. You *might* be ok with 26" tires.....btu its still close. 6"-6.5" would be perfect, but they dont offer it with that much BS like you said.....If you want a set of the 15x8 with 5.5 bs, ill sell you mine that i only mounted on the car once. Pm me if you want 'em.