what should i get mk4supra or 350z

grimace65

Apr 3, 2005
so cal
i am really undecided on whether to buy a new 350z or a 1994 supra. both have 6 speed. but the 350z would be a brand new car and the supra could have some problems because its coming from an owner with some modifications meaning he too was running it pretty hard so there could be problems with it.what do you think?

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
I'd rather have a used mkiv with some potential problems than a new 350Z. I might be the minority but I personally hate the way they look as well as sound. But, it's YOUR car so get what makes you happy ;)

-J

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
Supra......But i think you came too the wrong place too ask I bet if you went too a 350z forum they would tell you 350z but you would be better off with the supra I herd the 350z dont hold up too well

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
supradan22 said:
Supra......But i think you came too the wrong place too ask I bet if you went too a 350z forum they would tell you 350z...
&
figgie said:
...Dude you are on a supra forum asking about which to get??
But then again, there is a lot of hatred between some of the MK4 guys & some of the MK3 guys also, so I am surprised so many said go with the MK4.

As far as looks go, I think that an MK4 is much better looking than a 350Z.
The MK4 NEEDS side skirts to look good. The MK3 can benefit to have sideskirts but is not in such need of them as a MK4 is.

The best thing about the 350Z is that it comes in the my favorite color (vibrant blue), although I have not yet compared my favorite blues side to side with a paint chip book like I have the reds (the Vette's Torch Red won that comparison for its pureness & vibrance) . I may just paint my MK3 the 350Z Blue.

So if you go 350Z and you have the same taste in colors, it comes in an awesome blue.
If you go MK4 because you have the same taste in body, you need sideskirts.

C

cnewingham

the 350Z will not hold its value as well as the mk4,The mk4 has already proven to hold its own value really well.

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
I like them both. Love the looks of the Z and the Supra. They can both perform very well. The Z will come with a warranty, but won't come with baggage from previous owners. Also, a new Z will cost about the same as a really nice Supra. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
It is my firm belief that you will enjoy the Supra more. I wasn't very impressed with the 350Z I had a ride in. The "pull" it gave was annoying, since the owner had his seats leaned back, thus straining the neck a bit. Maybe it would have been better with some upright seats instead of gangsta-lean ones, but the pull still wasn't as hard as I had expected it to be.

Be patient enough to wait for a used 6-speed MkIV in great condition for between $20-30k
Spend $1500 to BPU it.
You aren't going to want a Z if mods are what you are after. You will have to wait for the warranty to be up, and by that time, you might be sick of the car's lackluster performance.
Oh, and if you DO buy a Z, buy the stock model; don't get the S or R-tune. Spending an extra $5-10k for 10-20hp from the factory seems a waste, when you can pull a ghetto BPU [open downpipe, swiss-cheesed airbox, bleeder and a $75 Greddy BCC] to gain an extra 100hp from the MkIV. Hell, a proper BPU with the "best" components will only cost $2500, and that's with a HKS Ti Racing exhaust, a high dollar electronic boost controller, a Blitz filter and a Greddy BCC, with cash to spare for some cam gears to squeeze a lil more out.

grimace65

Apr 3, 2005
so cal
thanks guys i think ima end up chosing the supra because ive always wanted a mk4. and i think i just liked the fact of owning a new car cuz ive been rolling in an 88 for far too long.i think the 94 mk4 i found should hopefully hold up.7mgtejoe, i am currently waiting for the v-band clamp to come in from turbonetics to connect my t88h. im not selling my mk3, too much love for that car.

L

lanky189

7MGTEJoe said:
What happened to your mk3 with the cylinder head ported with a drill bit and a T88 you planned on attaching?

:wtf: :slap:

are you serious? a drill bit?

i say get a honda.