Just an idea

1Relentless87

1.Anybody ever try to do a 1/2-7mge n/a - 1/2- 1jz or 2jz twin turbo setup?
Meaning just swap all the twin turbo equipment onto a 7mge?
2.Is it possible?
3.Any benifits?
I know, I know, the higher compression pistons would be a problem, but what if you just kept low boost so that you could benifit from the higher compression.
Like I said, just an idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
Pay attention people. This is the dumbest idea of the entire history of dumb ideas I have ever heard of.

Entirely different bolt patterns, not possible.
If it was...who's making the custom metal head gasket?
Why do this on a 7m bottom-end?
1/2 + 1/2 = overrated

Just my opinion.

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
CT, I think he was refering to the turbos and manifolds only.
I know you figured he was very dumb, (which I would aggree with if we were talking a head swap) but I think this is a viable question.
Here's why.
The CT12Bs have been known to put down close to 500 WHP. I have witnesed 489 WHP in person.
The sequential system, which could be retained with a simple pressure switch to activate the actuators, provides an extreemly robust low end torque curve.
If you look at stock twin dynos, they have way more low end torque than even a CT26.

Now, the hard part, Is it worth it? Has anyone done it? etc?
I think it would be worth it.
Will I spend the Time to R&D it and eventually have a badass twin turbo mkiii that I outgrow? Probably not.

Will the twins clear the firewall?
On a JZ? Not without a big hammer.
If you were fabbing up a mani that made them clear? yes.

Could a simple adaptor be made to bolt the twin manifolds to the 7m head?
I don't know, lets look into that.
Is this cost effective?
One someone figgured out the bugs, I think it would make one hell of a street car. I recently saw a near stock auto mkiv run 11.29 @120 mph.
He had a stock intercooler. And stock twin assys can be found for less than $500.

So I think this is a good idea, but without someone pioneering it and attacking it blindly without any help, I don't see it happening any time soon.

1Relentless87

IHI-RHC7 said:
CT,
So I think this is a good idea, but without someone pioneering it and attacking it blindly without any help, I don't see it happening any time soon.

LuvMySilverSupra

Bay Area Supras
Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area, CA
why spend all the time and effort doing a custom turbo setup just to end up using factory toyota turbos?

if you want a twin setup so bad look into the blitz tt upgrade for the mk4, or just throw a pair of t04's on there.

ontop of that, i think there are much better choices to build a twin turbo setup around besides a 7m-ge

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
well, they obviously flow the air to make it possible.

now these guys running high 400's, they are still in sequential mode right? which means they are making that much power off One turbo... my buddy went parallel and his car is doggy as hell. but his car has issues regardless.

plus, if you move the turboset forward to clear the firewall... then you have to sort out your PS resivoir and stuff on the front of the motor.

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
drjonez said:
far too much custom work involved for far too little return. the amount of $$ you'll pay will exceed the amount you'd pay for a nice sized "big turbo".....

Agreed Jonez, My point was more that the question was a good question, asnd I thought I'd give a good answer rather than saying that the guy was retarded for even thinking it.
I remember one time when I thought I'd wide body the car with glass and cut out the unibody..... :cool:
not such a great idea. anywho, yeah that would be too much work, but it would make for a super daily driver. although You spool pretty quick with that trick intake mani don't ya jonez? ;)

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
maybe i SHOULD try to do ct12b's on a 7M, for poo and laughs. i mean, its not like i dont know how to well and have a friend who is a machinest.

i would need all sorts of VSV's and bs though, to keep sequential.