NSX headlight conversion thread.....reborn.

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
Hey guys,

Just wanted to re birth the thread we had on the old forum about the NSX headlamp (housing) conversion(s) out there.

I know there was one guy (besides me) that was in the works with it....me not even test fitting mine yet.....which Mk3_300 still hasnt seen my housings LOL....they're in the attic. :biglaugh:

But yeah, anyone have any of those cool NSX headlight on mk3 pictures...post them!

And if you have the "technical" insight, post it as well....and like always some people will blow the process out of proportion and say it takes too much time.....well if you know how to use tools and your head...its not hard LOL..

But you get the drift....post pics and know-how on this subject!

Thanks,

Jonathan

MK3_300

91T...under construction
Mar 30, 2005
Murfreesboro ,TN
siman said:
Hey guys,

Just wanted to re birth the thread we had on the old forum about the NSX headlamp (housing) conversion(s) out there.

I know there was one guy (besides me) that was in the works with it....me not even test fitting mine yet.....which Mk3_300 still hasnt seen my housings LOL....they're in the attic. :biglaugh:

But yeah, anyone have any of those cool NSX headlight on mk3 pictures...post them!

And if you have the "technical" insight, post it as well....and like always some people will blow the process out of proportion and say it takes too much time.....well if you know how to use tools and your head...its not hard LOL..

But you get the drift....post pics and know-how on this subject!

Thanks,

Jonathan

SAY WHAT!!!!! Yes you should have showed those to me by now!! :biglaugh: It's not all that difficult but some people just don't want to take the time b/c it can appear extensive with the cutting of the brace behind the head lights and all.....

Poatree

May 14, 2005
Edmonton
www.shiftin.com
someone tell me more about this!

i was in the process of fabricating some sit-in headlights for my 240 when i wrote it off :(

some early stage pics:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

this is what i was shooting for:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

J

JerzeySlowpra

thats so nice looking, i'd like to do that to my car haha

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
All the non-flip up lights don't light the road enough. The NSX headlights are still pop up. I know Fatboy was going to do it but one of his lenses got shattered in the mail and I think there are a few other people who are either doing it, or want to do it.

fatboy

White Kid
Apr 5, 2005
Seatown
members.cardomain.com
Indeed... One of my lights broke in the mail (I got my money back) and the other one had a big chip in it.. Here are MY two cents on the idea of converting an MKIII to use NSX headies:

I thought it was one of the coolest looking headlight conversions I'd ever seen for an MKIII supra, so I looked into it alot... I found that the amount of work required is ALOT. Yes, of course it COULD be easier (or harder) depending on the person doing it, but still alot of work none the less. I just plain gave up. I did not have enough time, tools, or money to make it happen. I even talked to a guy from Japan that did the original known conversion (the silver mkIII w/ bomex bumper), and from what I got from the translation, he said it reuires lots of fabrication to make it fit right, and sit correctly.. Don't get me wrong though, I still would love to have a set on my current car, but I dont think that it will ever happen. I am probably going to go the route ala SupraNick (aka two round lights on each side, still pop-ups). And dont let my post discourage you... If you want NSX lights on your car, do it. I'm just telling my story :)

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
i dont want to sound like an ass
but that doenst look hard at all. seems to me all you would have to do is fabricate a spot for where the lights would sit, then take the cover of the old light peice on the top and make it clear with like some sort of plastic. then drop the seat with the light in connect it up and put the clear cover over it. just disconnect the control arm that flips your lights up.

rpk2012

F' LHD
Apr 4, 2005
Lubbock, Tx
+1 for bringing the thread back to life.

One thing if you guys want to get REAL deep in this. I was riding around in my buddy's Evo 8 the other night, and he has a knob to raise and lower the lights so when there is a heavier load, you can put the lights back up infront of you on the road. How about making something that does that automatically so when we are making hard runs, it put the lights back down on the road for us?

Anyways, I would like to see more photos.

fatboy

White Kid
Apr 5, 2005
Seatown
members.cardomain.com
There is a huge difference between custom flush mounted, clear covered headlights, and NSX headlights.. People keep posting about each conversion, as if they are the same. I thought the topic was about NSX headies.. Just want to clarify for ones that dont know :)

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
Yep, mk3_300 has it memorized on how to do the conversion i believe...the guy is a genious LOL LOL LOL ( props kris.) :wave:

But yeah, its going down this sommer for my car....too bad i could never fly it down to SILV

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
siman said:
Yep, mk3_300 has it memorized on how to do the conversion i believe...the guy is a genious LOL LOL LOL ( props kris.) :wave:

But yeah, its going down this sommer for my car....too bad i could never fly it down to SILV
hey we are getting a convoy from cookeville and going to SILV probably read the SILV thread and find where I was talking about this.