Best downpipe?

88SupraTurbo

Apr 17, 2005
i am looking at soon buying a downpipe and testpipe for my 88 turbo but i am not sure what downpipe is best for the money and how important is it to replace/remove the stock turbo elbow? i have also heard that taking out cats can cause the engine to run different due to the different back pressure and what not on some vehicles... is this true on the mk3? i will most likely be ordering from www.horsepowerfreaks.com, the link to their dowpipes is: http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/price/Toyota/Supra_86-92/performance/Exhaust/Downpipes

PynkEye

Mar 30, 2005
No, Turbo cars need no back pressure, bests result, is letting ur exhaust out of the downpipe ;).
Get a 3in downpipe with integrated elbow, if you keep the stock elbow..you invested for nothing..the main restriction is caused by that slim jim elbow. So get a 3in all the way doowpipe, then dont buy the test pipe, get a muffler shop to make you a 3in exhaust from downpipe to muffler, youll have a 3in exhaust all the way...give you alot of power, faster spool.
BECAUSEICAN in the vendors section makes some too, apparently wicked shit.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
becausican divorced wastegate downpipe= the sex! ;) worth EVERY penny.

-shaeff

88SupraTurbo

Apr 17, 2005
ya i have been thinking about talking to becauseican but i havnt been here long enough to really hear much about him.... no offense to him or anyone else but i am also wondering if he always comes through with the quality and delivery of his product, and how much are his pipes?

glntom

Apr 13, 2005
Glenwood, AR
shaeff said:
becausican divorced wastegate downpipe= the sex! ;) worth EVERY penny.

-shaeff

Email Randy, he will fix you up. I got a BIC ddp and could not be more pleased. I got mine ceramic coated prior to install, works and looks slick.

88SupraTurbo

Apr 17, 2005
i have read on BIC's website that with his downpipe the stock CT-26 turbo will be making 13psi.... sounds awsome but what does that mean in terms of fuel cut and likliness of a blown headgasket (replaced oem gasket with tourqued at just over 60lbs) can i still run this downpipe or will i end up with the good ol bhg right away... this dp will be going onto an engine with everything stock except for k&n fipk and most likely a BIC test pipe... will i hit fuel cut? and if so what will i need to get to avoid it? i just want to know what to order now an what to look out for before i bolt on the wicked downpipe.

p.s. is the divorced down pipe worth the extra 85$ or should i just go with the other BIC pipe.

glntom

Apr 13, 2005
Glenwood, AR
88SupraTurbo said:
p.s. is the divorced down pipe worth the extra 85$ or should i just go with the other BIC pipe.

Those of us that have it should vote to give you an idea if its worth it.

I vote Yes.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
There is a very noticeable difference. I have the DDP, and it's awesome. Randy is a great guy, he gives realistic time estimates, and builds your stuff to order, so you can get custom bits if you want - like special coatings, extra fittings for wideband sensors / EGT sensors, etc. The cost for the extra bits is quite reasonable as well.

Randy has dyno tested his DDP - I forget what the exact results were, but there was a significant gain. I think he has the numbers posted on his website - which is linked from his vendor forum.

Bottom line: I would buy another one in a hearbeat if I picked up another Supra.