not sure which to change

1sic7

owner of the 5 day mk3
Apr 2, 2005
Long Island NY
www.ifxcc.com
ok heres the deal im go to hope in my car to do the brakes and when i step on the clutch its a dead pedal i pump it once and it didn't even return back up so i pop the hood and check the resorvoir and it bone dry so i put more fluild in there hope back in and pump the clutch pedal with my hand a couple of times still nothing.......so my question is should i change the slave cylinder or clutch master clyinder or both............oh and i didn't see any leaks of any kind under or in the car

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
Sounds like air in your clutch lines. First try bleeding the clutch system of air, making sure the master reservoir is full at all times. If that doesn't work and you still don't see any leaks, it's probably the master cylinder.

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
you might not see any leaks under the car but check your inside floor board. That is where mine leaked. Right under the clutch pedal down the firewall. Real nice on the carpet too.

SupraLover

Apr 13, 2005
Las Vega$
Yea, my fluid was leaking down my carpet inside the car from the M-Clutch. Bishops right as to the air, but that does not answer the loss of the fluid. A cheap alternative is to get a MasterClutch Rebuild kit, they sale them at Advance Auto for around $10, and it's easy to do. The slave cylyinder rarely goes. Hope this helps

1sic7

owner of the 5 day mk3
Apr 2, 2005
Long Island NY
www.ifxcc.com
yea i just looked at the carpet i see a small trail of fluiid but i manage to get some pressure back so i took it around the block and to find anthor problem........................DEATH WINE from the turbo time to get anthor supra this doesn't like me and its ugly