17" on h&r springs

macsupra76

May 17, 2005
Calgary AB
I has wondering if anybody has put 17" rims on there lowered supra.
I may get 17" chrome lexus rims, that fit on the supra, but i have h&r springs, if i remeber right, it lowered the car about 1.75 inch in front and 1.5 in the back. i was wondering if that is going to rub the wheel well's? :dunno:

K

karaki

I have h&r's on mine with mk4 rims and rub like a mofo :(...I can't crank the wheel all the way and if there's a big enough dip in the road she'll rub there too.

macsupra76

May 17, 2005
Calgary AB
Are the mk4 wheels 17" inches?
mk3forme u have 18" and springs ? and they dont rub? thats great then my setup should work. One of my friends told me theres a web site that calculates that size of rims u can put on your ride with out rubbing.I still cannnot find it.

J

JerzeySlowpra

eibachs and mk4 wheels no rub, wish i had h&r's though haha

P

PunaMKlll

would you be able to roll the fender enouf for H&Rs and 18's ?

PynkEye

Mar 30, 2005
1.75 in front 1.5 in rear = h&r
1.5 in front 1.00 in rear = eibach

thats the difference...so the guy that siad it didnt rub had eibach..the one who said that rubbed had h&r. Maybe a bad offset dont know.

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
yeah I agree with pynk as it might be an offset problem. I wish I knew what mine was so I could tell ya. It could also be that you have too much sidewall or the middle of the 3 numbers as well. Is your tire too tall? Also looks like the Hr springs lower the front end more. If my car was even a hair lower than I would probably have issues as well. I have 18x8 with 235/40/18 on front and 18x9 with 275/35/18 on back. But I wont go back with 18's again as I dont like how little a rubber I have on the sidewall with these wheels. Im paranoid as heck that im going to bend a rim or something, but man it sure looks gooooooooooood.

Last edited: