Wow...i LOVE these cars... 89 1jz VS 06 roush mustang

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
ok well first off let me start by saying...ive been a bad mood lately...i dont know why but i have...and to top if off...i put my dash back in today and for no apparent reason the car decides to start idling funny...it ran perfect before dash removal...so i dont know what gives...

so anyways onto the story..because my car acting funny i borrowed my friends car (psifactor) to go run some errands tonight...she has a 1jz with intake and exhaust...thats it.

i was coming back from said errands and to get back to her house you have to cross a very long, very straight, very WIDE (5 lanes) bridge...this is a great spot to top out your car when there are no cars around etc....

well i had been looking for something to test the 1jz out on all night...couldnt find shit....so i was going home still in a bad mood about my car and even more upset i couldnt find any other cars to take it out on.

i merge onto the bridge and i look to my right in the other merging lane and there it was...a brand new roush mustang still had temp tags and everything...i thought oh yeah please be someone who will play...

there were like 5 cars on the bridge ahead of us...i literally merged onto the bridge RIGHT next to this guy...i look over and he looks over at me and we both give the nod of respect...im waiting for him to gun it but nothing...im thinking come on please do something.... traffic was coming up so i thought it wasnt gonna happen...then all i hear is him downshift and bam hes off...im like ok here we go... he went right i went left around traffic...it was more of me catching up since he had gone without any notice to me...as soon as we get around traffic there is NOTHING in front of us... he puts on the brakes to wait for me to get along side him...i look over at him again and give him the finger wave to go ahead and take the jump.... i see him downshift and im like yes!

i slam the car into 3rd gear and he went and i went about half a second after him....full on pull on this bridge with NOTHING in our way...60-70-80-90-100....nearing the end of third i look over and hes about at my rear bumper.....i LOVE how the 1jz revs so high...about 120 now redline so i shift into 4th.... hes still going so im like awesome ill run out 4th... 120-130-140 i look again and hes about 4 cars back.... but i KNOW hes still gunning it...

i got to about 145 and decided enough was enough (it isnt my car afterall ;) ) ....and i had made my point...i slow down and wait for him to catch up..... he pulls along side me again...with a kind of shellshocked look on his face...i think it was a little of "what the fuck kinda car is that" and "why did i just spend nearly 40k on this car" put together :lol:

he then proceeded to give me a thumbs up and i did the same and we were at the end of the bridge by then and i hit my exit...

this had me smiling ear to ear and put me in a much better mood tonight.... i cant get over the fact that a 16 year old car...just whooped the living shit out of fords brand new playtoy.....

i LOVE mk3s....

sorry it was so long but hopefully its a good kill story for you guys to read ;)

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
Well that's more than I can find around here man, I can sympathize with that. Every time I take the car out to find some unsuspecting soul, nothing. Traffic, or everyone else seems to be going the opposite way. Phooey :(

Either way, nice kill :D

-J

J

JerzeySlowpra

:ttiwwp: we want psi factor picks
haha j/k nice kill, work on that dash problem!

Last edited by a moderator:

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
hey PSI pics go in off topic and there a thread for them, dont start one like shag did LOL

and man i know how u feel, my car took a dump on the highway from a coolant hose that connects to the engine, mmm the smell of burnt antifreeze in the morning, neways im like Son of a... and i was like dont cus the sup its your fault. so i out some new hoses on it and now i seem to have more power. and the gurgling in the dash stopped IT WASNT BHG WAHHOOO, then i went and cleaned this civic.