wheel offsets?

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
Okay, as the owner of two MkIII's, and several sets of rims and tires, I'll tell you my trials and tribulations. :wuteva: Lol! I'd say that 18x8 with a 30mm, or 25mm offset are ideal on the front. 235's or 245's, should be no problem,...if your car is not slammed 2.5-4" on coilovers! In the rear, I'm currently running 18x9.5's, with a 265/35, susp. drop is 1.3" ( ST's all around) No rubbing issues. I'm going to try 275's next month, but I don't forsee a problem. My last set of rims, I had 18x8.5's up front (35mm) offset, I did have to push the inner fenderwell a little. A heat gun and baseball bat works fine. You just have to remember that you have those suckers on there, and not stuff it into a corner too hard! If I get another set of rims, it won't be 18's again, but 17's, a little more tire under the rim= less bent rims, and less stress on my old kidneys! :blah: Hope that helps you. Don't let any of the Discount/Big O tire yo yo's tell you, that you can't put ten inch rims on the back of a Supra... they're full of SHIT!!! :rant2:

Peace

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
oneandgone said:
Why? Please explain fully...

no real science jon...lol i have just had bad experiences going with anything outside of those ranges...whether it be on my car or a friends...dont get me wrong...im sure if dont right offsets outside of those ranges would work fine...BUT thats why i said i PERSONALLY wouldnt go outside of it ;)

sponsored1

In debt
Mar 30, 2005
Buckingham, Pa
www.cf-performance.com
supra90turbo said:
thanks for the help, guys. those links are saved.
but, i still dont grasp the concept fully, and before i drop some money, will these fit:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43958&item=7973947028&rd=1

but not 18x9, 18x10 option at the bottom of the description

I have those, 18x10, bought them from the same guy. with 275/35/18 tires, the fenders had to be rolled on mine, and they are still real real close. You might be allright if your car isnt lowered a ton.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
sponsored1 said:
I have those, 18x10, bought them from the same guy. with 275/35/18 tires, the fenders had to be rolled on mine, and they are still real real close. You might be allright if your car isnt lowered a ton.

you have those with the 35 offset rears? do you have any pictures?
and grant, i had a feeling they would!!! i want them, but i dont believe i'll be able to afford them at the moment.... ::sigh:: oh well.