R154 Rebuild Kit

devil358

in ur sink
Apr 6, 2005
Richmond, VA
don't flame me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I remember someone offering an R-154 rebuild kit a while back. I was just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of that kit or person that was offering it. I've got another R-154 layin around that I need to rebuild and if I remember correctly, it was a pretty decent price on it...

any input? :1zhelp:

devil358

in ur sink
Apr 6, 2005
Richmond, VA
chevyeater said:
MDC Motorsports.
looked over thier site, but didn't see anything.... I haven't yet made a post under thier section, tho....anyone know how much this thing cost? I think I've found another one online, but I'm not sure if it comes with everything I'd need.

http://www.drivetrain.com/toyotaR150rwd.html

I noticed the synchros are sold seperately from the main rebuild kit...I've never rebuilt a transmission before, but there's first time for everything :) I do everything else myself...ready to tackle something new...it also helps that I've got another r154 layin around...lol....

anyone have any other ideas of places to get rebuild kit? or maybe some suggestions from people that have done this before?

chevyeater

wastegate hose is pulled
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
MDC posted about it on the old Supramania site, I think it would be worth a try to ask him about it. The reason I remember is because I almost bought it from him. I have my original R154 in a billion pieces (still, on the back burner now). You'll need a hydraulic press to get everything apart.