coil pack relocation

J

JerzeySlowpra

i seen a couple of pics of people who have re-located there coil packs from ontop of the valve covers to somewhere else. would anyone like to shed some light on this and how you did it? or how its done? what do you do about the wires, and extending the plug and etc.

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
couple of ways IIRC...

1) you can put it on the back of the valve covers by reversing the plugs meaning put the #1 plug in the #6 hole, #2 plug in the #5 hole etc etc....

2) you can get custom wires from MSD i believe it is...to whatever length you want and put the coilpack anywhere...

just remember...the longer the wire the more resistance...something you dont want...granted its a SMALL issue in this case...dot neglect it...

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
If you move it to the back firewall, do you need to ground it to the battery or a bolt on the engine? Or can you put rubber under it between it and the firewall as an insulator and not ground it.
eric

lintlars

ROOTS RADICALS
Apr 1, 2005
Ft.St.John BC
www.cardomain.com
I grounded mine to the engine with no problems and I used the rubber inserts from the stock mount and it seems to work fine I thought afterwards that the engine movment might be a problem but Ive been to the drag track and been autoxing and had no problems .

B

bbaacchhyy

lintlars said:
I just reverse my wires to clean things up a bit I can now change my plugs and all I have to remove is the coil pack itself from the mount I made

Hmm, me likes very much.

Very neat and well done. Will have a look when I get into the shed next

Cheers

Michael B