15 inch rims on the MKIII?

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
I've never heard of 15's stock either, but it makes sense that the GA70 may have had them to me. I guess I got a new wrinkle in my brain today.

Shaeff, thanks for the link! I should've known to check there, don't know what I was thinking, I've been looking every-damn-where else! lol! Looks like I'll be ordering some Weld's here pretty soon unless I can come up with some used wheels locally.

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
I have 18 inch Volks now with DR's. Problem is that they don't have enough sidewall for the car to hook. Right now the tires just get shocked, and break loose. If I get some 15 inch Welds and some MT DR's I'll gain a ton of sidewall, so the tire will be able to wrinkle and bite. I really want to take advantage of my transbrake, but it'll never happen with the 18's.

P

PunaMKlll

id like to see a pic of a mklll with those mustang wheels.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
wouldnt a differant sized rim change the gearing ratio?? if you had the tire big enough to equal the same size as a stock 16" wheel with rubber would gearing not be affected??? someone tell me if this is crazy talk

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
15's did come stock on the ma70/ga70 but i dunno bout your brakes fitting them... pre 89 here came with 280mm brakes/rotors where yours all years are 300mm

excuse the sacked supra but those are the stock 15" wheels :)
sacked.jpg

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
PunaMKlll said:
id like to see a pic of a mklll with those mustang wheels.
I do not know if these are the mustang wheels you speak of, but here's a pic of some on my car. They are 17x9.0 Mustang Cobra R Wheels with 255/40-17 Yokohama AVS ES100s on them. No, they are not genuine Ford.

Attachments

• 2004-11 Supra 021.jpg
    2004-11 Supra 021.jpg
    385.4 KB · Views: 34

suprarcr89

The Juggernaut has my old
let me know for sure grant... I was wanting to get a set of weld racing pro star wheels... for the supra at first. just like the look of them plus i can put tires on them to hook.. then later buy a set of 17 or 18" rims for everyday driving and use the other for drag racing... all i can find in these rims is 15" if im not mistaking i seen a set of the weld pro star on a supra i believe they were 16's but i cant find that size in that rim anywhere...

suprarcr89

The Juggernaut has my old
lol grant..... yeah that is the rim ive had on mind for a while... what is the reason 15 will not fit on front.......... if it will fit in back then why wouldnt it fit in front..... ill have to try to bolt a set of 15 rims on the front of my supra.... the supra in the pic above has 15 rims on the front....