Got bored, took some progress pics (56k maybe not)

chevyeater

wastegate hose is pulled
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
I've been working on the car again, installing a Greddy T78, Suprasport trailing arms, some fuel upgrades and other minor tweaks. I'm waiting on a few bits right now (an N/A P/S resivoir and some grade 8 hardware) so I broke out the old camera and took a few pics of the turbo upgrade from TD08 to T78.

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Seems to look right at home on the 7M. :naughty:

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
Well I have to do some research what these T's mean (TD08 to T78) and many other T's for that matter as well, but I know it looks like a big turbo. So I will say that you have a performer on your hands in the making.

BTW, pic 4 & 5 are not working:(

chevyeater

wastegate hose is pulled
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
Damned free pic hosting seems to be dying on me. T78 is Greddy speak for a TD07 and TD08 (Mitsubishi turbo designations) hybrid. It has a 66.7 mm compressor inlet so, it would be the rough equivelant of an SP67, only it has a much larger backhousing, in the neighborhood of 1.0 A/R. I'm expecting full boost in the upper 4000 range.

YoNkErS87t

streetside mechanic
Mar 31, 2005
In the Garage
So you you going to get some nitrous to fill up that lag. Upper 4000 range....wow.

I bet when that boost kicks in its going to feel nice though.

chevyeater

wastegate hose is pulled
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
I do have a bottle sitting around. I'm not really interested in putting it on currently. I'll have the redline somewhere around 8k so, the powerband will be ok I think.

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
Holy shit! Glad you're back at it, Brian. Keep us updated!!

Yonkers, I think Brian's planning to spin this a bit faster than the average 7m, so the extra powerband will should make up for every bit of lag. Speaking of spinning...I'm really anxious to see what the 7M crank can take. Hurry up and ginuea pig for us! lol!

EDIT: You beat me to it!!^^^

YoNkErS87t

streetside mechanic
Mar 31, 2005
In the Garage
Redline to 8 grand :poon: I was kinda joking about the nitrous.

Get that thing on the road and keep us updated. I know what that thing does.

chevyeater

wastegate hose is pulled
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
The turbo I got (barely) used for $699 from a mk4 guy that thought it was too laggy. The Trust manifold, downpipe, wastegate and oil lines are from my TD08 kit, I think I paid in the neighborhood of $1500 for that, it was a while ago, used as well.

chevyeater

wastegate hose is pulled
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
The T78 alone goes for $1984.50 on Horsepowerfreaks.com, new. I haven't had it running with the new turbo yet, fingers crossed. I got the TD08 kit from Powerhousejimbo when he was selling stuff on Supramania, I can't say it was a pleasant transaction. The T78 I bought from "Riggs" on SF, nice guy and good seller.

Boostedstr8six

I have better SA than you
Mar 30, 2005
Near Columbia, the river
I think this is the first time I've seen any pics of your setup (as far as i can remember). Looks good man. :bigthumb: I am very interested in hearing what a 7m sounds like over 7k. :boink:

chevyeater

wastegate hose is pulled
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
Thanks Qwik and Dziuggy! I took Wellington for a ride around the block today. Unfortunately, I ran into a snag with my laptop and can't connect to the EMS anymore so, I've got to get a new serial adapter before I can start road tuning it (needs it pretty bad).