johnny D's 89 Supra vs Brand new 03 NSX

Johnny Dangerously

I can eat planets
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX..
At least i think it was an 03..its one of the new ones.

anywho, we (me and shane87turbo in my car and our friend Steve in his very quick 90 DSM) hit the highway to go to Shanes house. Steve runs the NSX and beats his ass nasty style on the highway.

i take the exit onto Weber and hit the street on the path to Shanes house...i look in my rear view mirror and see this very low car with some nice looking lights...with a slight smile, i soon recognize this NSX. it shoots the recent memory of a few months back when i raced him on the highway and pull 4 cars on him..he pulls next to me, i pop into 2nd @ somewhere around 40mph. The INSTANT i hear him take off, i put the petal to the floor and reel him in as he put a fender on me...2 car lengths later and one gear later, i let off.

he drives by me with a big smile...he remembers me :)

Johnny Dangerously

I can eat planets
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX..
aye mate said:
hmm what turbo you running cause one really pulled on me the other day. I'm stock turbo at 12psi

K&N intake
SupraSport DP
test pipe
HKS Super Drager
12psi
ported and polished exhaust manifold
ported and polished CT26 Turbo
HKS SSBOV
magnecore wires
NGK iridium plugs

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
damn johnny...i know you so i wont call BS... but something doesnt seem right lol...

cause when we raced in TX i walked away from you... but i dont think IM fast enough to take out an NSX yet... weird...

Johnny Dangerously

I can eat planets
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX..
Idealsupra said:
damn johnny...i know you so i wont call BS... but something doesnt seem right lol...

cause when we raced in TX i walked away from you... but i dont think IM fast enough to take out an NSX yet... weird...

heres what happened when we ran each other

I had one liter of tranny fluid in my car
my boost controller was on backwards
my DDP gave me more fuel cut than i can be happy with
one cracked MKIV rim which equated to low 15psi tire pressure on rear driver side.
burnt out 02 sensor
cracked ECU coolant Temp sensor

not to be busting out excuses bro, but i remidied all those problems...cept the cracked rim, thats being addressed tomorrow morning :)

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
Johnny Dangerously said:
heres what happened when we ran each other

I had one liter of tranny fluid in my car
my boost controller was on backwards
my DDP gave me more fuel cut than i can be happy with
one cracked MKIV rim which equated to low 15psi tire pressure on rear driver side.
burnt out 02 sensor
cracked ECU coolant Temp sensor

not to be busting out excuses bro, but i remidied all those problems...cept the cracked rim, thats being addressed tomorrow morning :)

yeah but i can bust out with all sorts of problems too:

my number 2 injector was leaking
my ddp was giving boost creep and fuel cut issues also
my fuel filter was clogged
my 2nd gear synchro is gone ;)
my afm was being gay ( as you know :D )
spark plugs were shot

etc etc...now unlike you..ALL of that stuff is still the same lol...and i have a few small things added as well hahaa

im just saying... 12psi on the stocker isnt that much...

maybe the NSX guy sucks at driving? i ran down an auto rx7 tt at the track...he got a 2 second head start because he redlighted like crazy.... but i ran him down..on an impressive 15 second run lol...(yes i suck at teh driving ;) )

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
Johnny Dangerously said:
meh..maybe he does suck at driving...or maybe im pushing more than 290 crank hp ;)
this is the second time i ran this guy.

its 280 ;) plus they are about 1k lbs lighter then the mk3 lol... its VERY possible you whooped his ass fair and square...

i dont know im feeling down on my car lately ...i dont know why...