Help!

northsupra

Normally Insane
Mar 30, 2005
Norway
ok so i was driving home nice and easy pulling up in my street and BAM white coolant smoke every fucking where! just rolle in to my drive way and shut the fucker down, popped the hod and "jiha" the smoke and water is poring out from behind the termostat housing, it's like someone just stabbed me in my back, no warning at all, it had normal temp, normal oil pressure and it wasent making any strange sounds.

Just what i needed now!!! Just finished installing my new clutch, how the hell am i going to finance this??? I love the car but it's 15 year's old and 15 year old thing brakes.

So could you please give me some good reasons to fiks the BHG.
And allsow for you how have done it, is it rocket science to do.

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
Sounds like you just blew a coolant hose. BHG doesn't normally come out behind the thermostat housing, but there are a couple coolant hoses that crack over time.

Replacing a BHG is very easy once you've done it, even the first time it's not that bad. On the 7mgte the hardest part is removing the turbo.

northsupra

Normally Insane
Mar 30, 2005
Norway
I went out again today to check for leaks a second time and found it!
It was quite a crack in the 90 dergree bend that comes from the bottom of the t-stat house and goes inn were the water pump is. It would not show until i squeesed the rubber hose hard, and now it flows like a river out of it every time i fill my radiator.
I'v looked in the trsm but can't find it, could some one help me with a part number?

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Bishop92t said:
Sounds like you just blew a coolant hose. BHG doesn't normally come out behind the thermostat housing, but there are a couple coolant hoses that crack over time.

Replacing a BHG is very easy once you've done it, even the first time it's not that bad. On the 7mgte the hardest part is removing the turbo.

i agree on the not being a bhg and a hose but not on the "having" to remove turbo when doing bhg. i just undid the manifold and tilted it a bit.

northsupra

Normally Insane
Mar 30, 2005
Norway
Well the car has allmost all the signs on the bhg and the water that was left in the radiator had a oily shine in it, but i order the hose and holding my fingers crossed that it survived this overheat to.

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
americanjebus said:
i agree on the not being a bhg and a hose but not on the "having" to remove turbo when doing bhg. i just undid the manifold and tilted it a bit.

You can't properly clean the head and block surfaces without removing at least most of the turbo nuts. Removing the manifold with the turbo on is just as hard as removing the turbo itself IMO.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
Bishop92t said:
You can't properly clean the head and block surfaces without removing at least most of the turbo nuts. Removing the manifold with the turbo on is just as hard as removing the turbo itself IMO.

:werd: