Right Hand Drive Conversion

T

toyotech01

Has anyone done a right and drive conversion while in the process of swapping the 1JZ engine in? If so how hard was it and what will be necessary? A website would be helpful. This would be a good idea for me due to my extremely crappy interior could be replaced. Any info would be very helpful.
thanks,
Jake

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I have to ask "Why"?

Not being a dick but we're RHD here and I can't imagine wanting a LHD as a road car it'd be awkward.

Not to mention to convert one properly is a HUGE job.

Last edited:
T

toyotech01

Just wanting to get an idea of how big of a job it would be. If i didnt do the conversion, I would have to find all new interior because mine in the shell I bought looks like shit. It is just an idea.

streetknight

rip ssb
Mar 30, 2005
melbourne, fl
ok ill put it to u simple it will be heard.
1 the firewall would have to be worked on to have the stering shaft from one side to another.
2 need all the wiring to be rearranged like the window switchs and ecu and gauge cluster.
3 need all the things to run the car properly(heater core,ducts, dash,ect...)
if u do it have fun

T

toyotech01

Well guess i have to hunt for a completely new interior :icon_cry:

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
Well thats usually what you have to do in a driver side conversion.

I have a buddy in town that converted his USDM S13 chassis to RHD in one night.

No body really thinks about it but our chassis can already handle it...the holes are allready pre-drilled in the firewall....at least mine are.

You will need to extend the dash harness...but buying a front clip is the EASIEST way to do it....its all there, and plus you get the 1jz ( or potential) motor with it....

There is a guy that has done the RHD conversion on the mk3, I think he's in Cali some where. Its a black car.

-Jonathan

L

lanky189

talk to FLUBYUX2 he had a rhd front clip he was selling a RHD conversion kit out of... you'd need to drill the firewall.. move all the under dash stuff like pedals etc... not to mention it's illegal state side..

so yeah... why now the who what?