A few questions about E-Manage

87_7MGTE

SOLD :(
Mar 30, 2005
Bellingham, WA
ive been researching the emanage for the past few weeks, and i had a few questions about it:

1. Pressure Sensor: is the pressure sensor and harness a good idea to get? i dont mind spending the extra penny on it, as long as i utilize it.

2. Ignition: who is controlling ignition with the emanage, and how is it working? Can you control advance and retard, or just advance (by looking at the yahoo groups, it looks like just advance). also, how hard is the ignition solution, and does anyone have a pic of what they did.

3. Emanage and MAFT: will they work together? I dont see any reason why they wouldnt. As far as i see, MAF->MAFT->Eman->ECU should get the job done right?

4. Boost Limiter Setting: Should I use the FCD on the emanage or on the MAFT, or both? Does it matter?

sorry if these topics have been covered before, and thanks for your input!

Last edited:

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
sounds like you want to have a tuning nightmare....pick one thing and stick w/it.

1. sure, if you want to set up all your corrections vs. MAP (a very good idea).

2. keep reading. use the igF simulator to advance + retard. worx great.

3. yeah they'll work together, but WHY!?!? you'll end up with 2 different AFM scaling devices....a recipe for all sorts of tuning nightmares....yes, your diagram is correct.

4. see #3.

87_7MGTE

SOLD :(
Mar 30, 2005
Bellingham, WA
ok sorry to bring this up again, but i have a few more questions:

1. Throttle Position: Ive been reading about the emanage for a little bit, and it says it gets its input from RPM and throttle position. except when i look at the wiring diagram, there is no TPS input, can someone explain this?

2. Injector Harness: ive done a search all around the web, and i cant find an injector harness diagram (although i know i have seen one). every injector diagram i find turns out to be a ignition diagram, does anyone have an injector diagram? Or just an explanation? does it matter which wires i splice together? or do they have to be specific pairs?

again, thank you for your input

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
MK3SupraDiagram.jpg

1. The gray wire is for TPS

2. http://www3.sympatico.ca/zazzn/pics/emanage/87_88_Mk3_Injector.jpg