Engine almost ready to install

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
My supra has been down for almost 3 years now. That is a long time to not be boosting. I have acquired parts over the years and will have a strong engine but still the stock 220,000 mile ct26. I will have to upgrade after the break in.

I have painted some parts and hope the high temp paint will last.

I am now trying to figure out the wiring harness and then i can install the engine. I have had to work more days and longer than usual. The last 3 weeks have been the busiest of course now that i am trying to get the car back on the road. I will be out of town for 3 days and wont get back to this till friday hopefully at the soonest.

I have got to get this thing back on the road.

Attachments

• engine 6 q.JPG
    engine 6 q.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 162
  • engine 5 q.JPG
    engine 5 q.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

steve_mk3

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
middletown, NJ
I understand having a supra down for years, mine was 2 years.now that the engine is in the brakes need to be replaced. So on the road soon also.

Good luck, that is one GREAT looking engine!

keep us posted

mdr40z

Mar 31, 2005
arkansas
tear that j-tube off the mount and sand and paint the plate, motor looks real good tho, keep it up

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
Thanks guys.

I will remove the J tube when i upgrade the fuel. I have the fittings and afpr but i will install it.

There better not be any oil leaks in my future. I still havent put the engine in yet. I will have in installed this weekend.

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
It looks even better than it did leaving the machine shop Hal....I may be up in jackson this weekend, so if you need help, give me a call on my cell. I hope it runs as good as it looks! I have complete faith in your builder though :) We've almost got the 300zx back together now.....still have to bolt all the accessories on and put it back in... hopefully it'll work out good too. I may have the place do a build on my next engine the way you did. My next engine will be for the big numbers :)

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
you aren't the only one. We should have it ready to put in by the end of tomorrow.....its got soooooo much stuff that bolts to the engine its just crazy!!!!

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
Well the engine is in and running!

It has been 3 years almost since i drove my supra. I have been driving a buick or lumina since then. It feels so different to sit down into a low car. The steering is so much better than that front wheel drive crap.

The engine did not crank the first time till i grounded the ignitor effectively. Then the idle did not go past 500 but i tried to set the timing which did not work.

The ISC had a breather filter on it from the previous owner and i installed a new check valve in it. I then remove the breather filter and installed new hoses to the acordian hose and then the engine idled perfect. I then set the timing just right.

The ross piston i think have a little noise to them but not bad at all. The HPF bronze clutch is fantastic. It feels like stock but with a little more petal preasusre. I cant tell everything about it yet cause i cant boost.

I got the car waxed today and cleaned up but have only drove it 60 miles. I will get to driving the break in done when work allows. Had the a/c recharged just in time for the 90 degree weather and a 4 wheel alignment.

Attachments

• engine bay 1q.JPG
    engine bay 1q.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 26
  • engine bay 2q.JPG
    engine bay 2q.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 25
  • engine bay 3.JPG
    engine bay 3.JPG
    422.8 KB · Views: 30
  • engine bay 4q.JPG
    engine bay 4q.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 26

mk3mont

Apr 2, 2005
Mississippi
Hal, happy to see you got the car running again. Can you give me the number to that machine shop again? Next time you come through Indianola stop by.

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
Be glad to stop buy. I will be putting some miles on the car as soon i am sure everything is running correctly. I have a few noises that i want to identify before i go out of town with it.

That shop is Jackson Cylinder Head. Phone number is 601-353-1014. They are the only shop in jackson for 7Ms. Tell Geoff that Hal sent you.

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
Nice job Hal, it runs great. The engine coloring looks great in person. I wish I had went that far when I built mine. For some reason or another I thought painting everything black would look good...... Anyhow, hurry up and get that thing broken in. I'm dying to see it opened up :) We finally found the problem with the 300.....it was one of the oil restrictors in the block stopped up by the previous owner's silicone mess...... It will be going by next weekend.