exhaust question

bandit

supra enthusiast
May 16, 2005
southeast missouri
right now im running stock exhaust,but it is shot. i still have the resionator on also but its gone too.im looking for a decent exhaustand was also wondering if you need to keep the resionator on ,or can you or do you need to get rid of it?im not looking for more power since the car has 220,000 on it just a better sound.

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
You can remove it or keep it, it won't affect how the car runs. You should be able to get any muffler shop to make you a whole new cat-back for around $100. I highly recommend 2.5" or larger if you're looking for a good sound.

bandit

supra enthusiast
May 16, 2005
southeast missouri
is there any mufler that is better than another,of course all answers are opinions.i just want a good sound, but not too much like a so called fart can

CSquared

Apr 5, 2005
Atlanta, GA
magnaflow is a pretty throaty muffler as opposed to the n1 which is loud and whiney

im not running a resonator on the stock exhaust... noticed no difference whatsoever in the sound levels. If youre asking for emissions reasons... most people just look to make sure you have the cat... aside from that they dont care.

Alpinesupra

Cars never talk back
Apr 6, 2005
mckinney, tx
i would go with the magnaflow muffler 2.5" or 3" either one, thier muffler sound really good on our cars. i would also keep the resinoator on it to keep it quieter, it sure made mine quieter when i went with a magnaflow. you will be glad you did.
-sean

mrnickleye

Love My Daily Driver !
Jun 8, 2005
Mojave Desert, Ca

PynkEye

Mar 30, 2005
Magnaflow 3inch ??? are there different models...or just 1 type of it and all sound the same. I would like to run 3inch from 3in dp to muffler 3in...how would the magnaflow sound ??? dont want ppl thinking im a vtec civic loud ass annoying sound

J

john

I took my hacksaw down to the wrecking yard and stole a muffler out of a dodge avenger. 2.75 inch dia. inlet and twin stainless tips outlet. ten bucks.