Hit a stump in the road...(expresssion)

ShagsSupra

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Wilmington NC
welp the awaited time for my 18th is just around the corner (2 weeks) and I was gonna get a new car with a 15k price range...

welp I decided to spend under 10 on a car and then get a street bike... the car I was gonna get was gonna me a Mk3 supra tho... and here is where the stump in the road is that I hit.... I cant find any supras in my area 89-92 Turbo and 5 speed that are... decent.. lol and I WILL not buy an mk3 I havnt driven so that means no online buying BS, The closes ive found a decent supra is 525 miles away and thats what auto trader miles... so usualy its further then that... But that was for a white 1jz mk3 with a bomex front bumper, Probly somone here on the board.

Another thing 2 weeks isnt a long time and im VERY impatient :(.... willing to go about 200 miles away from zipcode 28409 if anybody knows of anything lemme know.

What should I do if I cant find 1? I know people will say wait but seriously I cant lol My truck is on its LAST leg and dont wanna waste any money buying a beater right now cause thats gonnatake away from streetbike, and if I get the bike first I probly wont end up getting a mk3 cause Ill just get a beater and a bike..

opions?

Supra Blues

Virgin Booster
Mar 30, 2005
Supramania
If you buy and MK3 you won't be wasting money on a beater...You will be spending money on repairs and mods.

IMHO, a street bike for an 18 year old is not a good idea.

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
Go the extra distance. I traveled almost 1k miles for mine, and it was worth EVERY MILE AND MINUTE I spent on the drive there and back. :) Good luck.

-J

L

lanky189

go as far west as you can too
east coast cars are rust buckets..

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
lanky189 said:
go as far west as you can too
east coast cars are rust buckets..
BS the west coast cars are normally shot to hell from peeps driving them like mad, in real bad stop and go traffic.
find one inbetween.:icon_bigg

Supra Blues

Virgin Booster
Mar 30, 2005
Supramania
D34DC311 said:
BS the west coast cars are normally shot to hell from peeps driving them like mad, in real bad stop and go traffic.
find one inbetween.:icon_bigg

The one time I went back to NJ and NY I was scared to death to drive with anyone back there.

Maybe it was just these people but damn.

Sitting a stop light - light turns green: Driver would hit the gas hard enough to throw me back in the seat, and he is just keeping pace with everyone else. Coming up to a stop light/sign and slams on the brakes. After about 1/2 hour of this I noticed that this is how everyone around us is driving.

Anyhoo, it made me nervous as crap.

Find the best one you can no matter what the distance (within reason).

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Supra Blues said:
The one time I went back to NJ and NY I was scared to death to drive with anyone back there.

Sitting a stop light - light turns green: Driver would hit the gas hard enough to throw me back in the seat, and he is just keeping pace with everyone else. Coming up to a stop light/sign and slams on the brakes. After about 1/2 hour of this I noticed that this is how everyone around us is driving.

yea guess i should have said except: NY and NJ, those people cant drive worth crap.

ShagsSupra

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Wilmington NC
Theres nothing wrong with a street bike for anybody at any age.. 85% of the time its other drivers not seeing you or just thinking your going slwoer and pulling out, and it doesnt matter who you are and what age you are its not the bike controlling the throttle.. all you have to do is respect it and dont be a moron.

I ride dirtbikes 4 wheelers and have ridden 5 different bikes and a Gixxer 1000 being the fastest and a zx12r being the 2nd, rest were 6's. All my family (cousins and brother) all ride together every wensday and im the only person without a bike X_X! so yeah bike is an absolute MUST.

Also not really willing to travel for a car so If I cant find a supra ohh well theres a nice integra GSR up the road I like lol, supra will come by if its destin for me to get another 1.

CSquared

Apr 5, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Supra Blues said:

lol actually you are right. I am originally from NY but have lived in GA for the last year and a half. Whenever i go back to NY i get my ass kicked on the roads. Even in suburban areas people drive 10 times more agressively than they do here in Georgia. Bringing the supra to NY for the first time so this should be interesting.

As far as where to find a car... If you really want the car and a streetbike i would personally buy a cavalier or something. The supra can be an extremely expensive and stressfull car to maintain. I bought my first at 19 and have struggled to keep the damn thing on the road with all the problems it has caused me. Finally after a year of ownership i have gone over 3,000 miles without breaking down :icon_smil Buy something you know will run and leave the stupidly fast driving to the streetbike.

ShagsSupra

Banned
Mar 30, 2005
Wilmington NC
cramerizking said:
lol actually you are right. I am originally from NY but have lived in GA for the last year and a half. Whenever i go back to NY i get my ass kicked on the roads. Even in suburban areas people drive 10 times more agressively than they do here in Georgia. Bringing the supra to NY for the first time so this should be interesting.

As far as where to find a car... If you really want the car and a streetbike i would personally buy a cavalier or something. The supra can be an extremely expensive and stressfull car to maintain. I bought my first at 19 and have struggled to keep the damn thing on the road with all the problems it has caused me. Finally after a year of ownership i have gone over 3,000 miles without breaking down :icon_smil Buy something you know will run and leave the stupidly fast driving to the streetbike.

Yeah thats what ive been thinking of doing but damn gotta have somthing nice to ride in while off the bike lol.

Mr.SelfDestruct

I build planes... yeah...
May 27, 2005
everett, WA
just get something less liable to break, but with a good potential for going fast. like a 240sx, always a popular platform, plus you can make them look damn sexy, for under ten grand, you can get one with a good amount of mods too.

CSquared

Apr 5, 2005
Atlanta, GA
congratulations on bringing this thread back from the other side. While it rampages through towns with it's zombie urge to eat brains i hope you take this time notice that noone has given a crap about this thread for some time now. :)