Another night at the track

YoNkErS87t

streetside mechanic
Mar 31, 2005
In the Garage
I went to English town today to try and better my time from last week with my stock 87t. I was kinda hoping to at least get a 14.9, but I was only able to get only 2 runs in because the place was kinda packed and i got there pretty late.

My first run I didn't warm up my tires just to see what will happen. I spun all the way threw first and the beginning of second. I was able to put down a 15.6 with a 2.6 60' at 91mph. My friends were kinda upset that I didn't warm up my tires because they wanted to see me burn out. :dunno:

My second run I warmed up my tires so I could get better traction and to please me friends, but mainly to get better traction. I was able to lay down a 15.015 with a 2.3 60' at 93. Almost a 14.9 but we all know that the littlest counts in racing.

If i could better my 60 foot time I could definitely break into the high 14s. It was only my second time ever at the track. Theres always next week.

14.9 here I come. :burnout:

YoNkErS87t

streetside mechanic
Mar 31, 2005
In the Garage
I only have a intake. And when I didn't warm up my tires I spun way to much. Did you see my 60' times. It helped alot to warm up the tires.

And my friends raced cars alot longer then I have. Theres about a five year different in ours ages. They've dragged raced for about 7 years more than i have. So they realy wanted me to do it because it helps. I've been to the track only twice in my life and out of about 9 runs I only ran once without warming up my tires and it was pretty much my worst 60' time.

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
The best thing for street tires is just a quick high RPM clutch dump to shake the dirt and crud off the tires. No need for a long smokey burnout.

Dziuggy

eurotrash
Mar 31, 2005
san francisco, ca
dziuggy.com
well still do not do burnouts on the street tires, that is ricer theory of being faster, hot street tires perform worse than cold.

also how many miles on the car as this time is very low for turbo mk3 (seen na's runing faster) back then i had stock car i ran 14.4 on it. now my buddy here runs 13.5 with intake exhaust only. so there might be someting wrong with your car (like runign ritch )

get it checked out

YoNkErS87t

streetside mechanic
Mar 31, 2005
In the Garage
Dziuggy I think you should check those numbers because they don't sound right for what you and your boy are running. You have a longer list then intake and exhaust for your car and run a 13.1. Your boy only has intake and exhaust and runs 13.5, which I think is B/S or something is f-up in your post.

but you only run .4 seconds faster than him. Is there something wrong with your car.(maybe driver) Idunno.

When i posted my numbers last week everyone that posted said that I was running good times for my car. What happened am i on the same site or did I make the wrong left or something. Oh wait, it must have been when I did that crazy burn out with my street tires, I couldn't see past the smoke. :burnout:

Blue87T(Dan)

Mar 30, 2005
St. Clair Shores, MI
Running a stock car at stock boost with just an intake, 15.0 is a fine number. The best I ever saw from a road test, when new, was 14.7 or so. Performance wise there is nothing wrong with your car. The injectors Qwik is selling are a good deal if your in the market for some, by the way.

YoNkErS87t

streetside mechanic
Mar 31, 2005
In the Garage
yeah I know there is nothing wrong with my car. Just someone talking out of their ass. :blah:

Realy hoping to break into the high 14's. I think it is very possible. Could've been done last night but only got two runs in.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
when ever i race, i lower the tire PSI to 21. in my experiance even just a small burnout to clean the tires it to much, ill lauch between, 2500 rpm and 3000. then ill slip the clutch to make sure i dont loose traction and keep the revs up. most the time its just a controled clutch dump. My 60' times are similar to yours around 2.3, i dont have the slips for and exact time, but im sure your turbo doesnt spool in 60ft though:p. just sharing what i do, and by the way, i run 15.99 in my N/A, i dont think theres a chance in hell that a stock n/a would run low 15s, i drive the piss out of my car and i know im not loosing 1 second casue i dont know how to drive :rolleyes: