mk3 raped a scion

blacksupra

Apr 9, 2005
Buena Park,CA
There was a TC scion with a catback exhaust and it had been lowered. There were 2 guys making fun of my mk3 and I was like ok I'll race you even though my supra is not running ok. The guys in the TC were like excuses so it was on we wait for the green light and hit it. I accelerated the car until 1500 rpms only so i took the lead by 2nd gear we were even but as soon as i shifted to 3rd gear I started pulling hard and when i pulled 4th gear the race was all over. I asked the guy if he wanted to race 1 more time but he was like I didn't know it was turboed. I took off the turbo emblems.
i can't wait to get my car running right. I got the 3' catback today and the 3" DP but i didn't get the bolts.

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
Good run man! You'll get alot of races with people making fun of your car cause they think its old or slow. These MKIIIs surprise alot of people. I remember one time I was leaving a hang out and I over heard a few guys talking about my car as I was leaving. One guy said too bad its not turbo and as soon as I pulled onto the road I let out a nice long blow-off. (hehe the stock BOV sounds good vented to the atmosphere!!)

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Why toyota why?
i swear i want to kick the man in charge of creating the scions in the Nuts(i know its a low blow but he deserves it) and that comercial with the XA or what ever it is pisses me off those to morons in the commecial couldn't repair a flat if they wanted to.
BTW nice kill, i love stomping the sht out of new cars and telling them i payed 2100 for my car. LOL

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
the guy up the street from my house drives one w/ an exhaust and he makes his annoying bwaaaahh sound infront of my house all the time, those things are pretty damn gay. I make sure to spool everytime i pass his house.

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
since my car's body is beat up and shitty looking...my car gets made fun of pretty often.

...until I scare the shit out of them by making the wastegate open right next to their door. (open dump tube rocks!) That usually is followed by "pop your hood" instead of "I bet it's slow...probably non-turbo too."

L

lanky189

um...you shifted at 1500 rpm? and since when was a scion a fast car?

Mark3Supraholic

Zero State
Mar 31, 2005
California
Those people over at Scionspeed think they've got something with the 2AZ-FE pushing 10 lbs with over 300hp... The tC has potential... but then again so does any car. I guess it's the cost to speed ratio. It was rumored to have lasted 6 runs before something failed. I bet a test sample could have less. but ehh, I'll bore you another time. It's still a porker. It's modest looking at best. I want to see the mouthy Scion people (a few in my area) bring a "Turbo tC making 400 hp!" only to have it killed by an MK3. That would be sweet. Impressive, maybe but shame on Toyota...

L

lanky189

blacksupra said:
My mk3 is not running good that's why.

show me one that is...

also.. unless you've distorted the facts..which im guessing you did, you didnt even see boost at 1500rpm... i beleive you beat a Scion..but I don't beleive your story about how... :umno: :bsflag:

blacksupra

Apr 9, 2005
Buena Park,CA
If you have a scion you can bring your fart can and race my camaro anytime, any day. You can put twin turbos in the piece of shit and still don't beat me. This is a supra forum so go to Scion forums and talk all the shit you want.

Last edited:
L

lanky189

blacksupra said:
If you have a scion you can bring your fart can and race my camaro anytime, any day. You can put twin turbos in the piece of shit and still don't beat me. This is a supra forum so go to Scion forums and talk all the shit you want.

im sorry..what?

My daily driver is a 73 celica and i recently bought an 82 corrola. Neither of which could beat a Scion TC or whatnot... Look I have spent enough time in a Mkiii and aroud them to know that at 1500rpm you're barely moving and if you shifted at 1500rpm that puts you at about 600rpm or less in the next gear.... so you bogged out... you obviously beat a Scion but you obviously did not beat it in the manner you suggest...

so calm down...and next time post what actually happened..not what sounds good.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
blacksupra said:
My mk3 is not running good that's why.

You shifted to 2nd at 1500 rpm? So you basically launched in 2nd? Inno about you, but my turbo doesn't even start to make serious boost until 2500.......running right or not, shifting that early will not accomplish anything except lug your car down. And if your car isn't running right, why race in the first place?

mwebber

Apr 12, 2005
Boston MA
I've raced a tC before for fun and 1500rpm shifts and no boost won't cut it.

I've ridden in a sick MKIII before and they can barely get out of their own way much less win a race(no offence, I own a MKIII also). I've also ridden in a healthy MKIII(squid699) on 9 lbs, the difference was night and day.

you're welcome to come try my MKII though that should prove fun.

G

gotboost$

Mark3Supraholic said:
It's modest looking at best. I want to see the mouthy Scion people (a few in my area) bring a "Turbo tC making 400 hp!" only to have it killed by an MK3. That would be sweet. Impressive, maybe but shame on Toyota...

indeed :icon_roll

blacksupra

Apr 9, 2005
Buena Park,CA
I'm new to supras so I'm not saying what's the best way to race off the line but that's what i did. I have a camaro and I can launched at 4000 rpms with slicks with 12 bolt so I tried to launched at 1500 rpms in the supra to see what happens.
Thanks a lot for the info cuz it's my 1st turbo car so now I know I should not launched at 1500 rpms. This is exactly what i did I tried to built some boost I accelerated until 1500 rpms and when the light turned green I shift to 1st all the way to 4000 rpms and then I shift to 2nd. In my camaro is different cuz I have 4.10 gears and with street tires in 1st gear until 3000 rpms and then I shifted to 2nd.I though it was good to built some boost but now I know there's no boost at 1500 rpms.

Last edited:

Godspeed

88 supra turbo 5spd
May 13, 2005
Asheville n.c.
hey guys i agree about the scions they are shitty but i did however get a turbo magazine that had a featured scion from greddy i believe but it had 543hp i think or 534 i know it was above 500 but it was sponserd and was turbo and all fixed up.but i still wouldn't give up my supra to get one ive wanted one for to long

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
I've heard it's good to launch at 3000rpm, haven't really tried it that much but will be behind the wheel again soon and I can try some more stuff.

S

Sportrods

I used to launch at about 3500. Worked out great. The MKIII has a real traction problem, and has a nice balancing act you have to do to keep from ripping the tires down.