side exaust?

J

JerzeySlowpra

i usually run open DP on my car anyway... i was thinking, has anyone ever seen a supra with exaust coming out before the back wheel on the passenger side like some of hte old muscle cars or the rousch mustangs? i think it would be cool though i dunno if the back end would look weird with out a muffler there and what not... anyone have it?

and loudness of the straight pipe dont really matter either, im sure it would be a little quieter then my car is now

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
i think that it would look odd because the body dips down back there, then goes back up. it's all a matter of personal preference anyway, but i wouldnt do it.

-shaeff

cwapface

Supernerd
Mar 30, 2005
Eugene, OR
www.dylanwiggins.com
screw under the side, just cut out the fender like this :)

new3.jpg

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
Just get a custom, upside down elbow made; cut a hole in the hood and viola! I think that would look really cool when you spit a flame!

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
or when you're decelerating @ 6000rpm after fully boosting with a flame just belching out the pipe... hey! do it! put one of those tractor flappers on the end. that'd be sick. lol.. no, not lol... roflmao

and you mean like this for exhaust? i think it's sexy!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
I've seen it done, looked alright. Just don't bring the pipe out far, leave it tucked a few inches under the car. The worst part of the look IMO was the lack of a muffler in the back.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
supra90 ya got any more info on the car in that pic

wowzas
was that a touring car or what?

btw do our cars actualy benefti fron having the headlight slightly up like that?

Allan_MA70

Banned
May 1, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
supra90turbo said:
or when you're decelerating @ 6000rpm after fully boosting with a flame just belching out the pipe... hey! do it! put one of those tractor flappers on the end. that'd be sick. lol.. no, not lol... roflmao

and you mean like this for exhaust? i think it's sexy!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

here it is out of the car
attachment.php

it was made from hand formed sections of titanium :bling:

Attachments

• trdexh2(2).jpg
    trdexh2(2).jpg
    13 KB · Views: 52
J

JerzeySlowpra

i was real bored, my car has side exaust hahaha... it hangs to low in the one spot and it scrapes stupid things... a little tweaking and it will be find though theres a little room to go up... it looks bad ass i cant wait to post pics for those who think the group A supra looks nasty

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
I rermber putting up a post just like this.
I was thinking of using one just for the passenger side. Get a Bomex side skirt and cut it to surround the side pipe,just like the ones used on the Vette's and other muscle cars of the past. Could'nt work here in Cali,but in other states not so stringient on smog laws,it would actually be cool.

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
I tried mocking something up when I first got my supra, but without cutting into the body, you really don't have much room to work. The best bet I could come up with was cutting a hole in the passenger fender behind the tire, and right about the height of the body trim. It would just require 1 bend to the entire exhaust system. (That supra in the picture sits pretty high, most street-driven mk3's are lower)

But rear-exit exhaust will actually pick up a few hp at high speed because the area behind the car is lower in pressure than the side.

J

JerzeySlowpra

heres the pic

Attachments

• side pipe.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 42
Z

ztosupra

that exhaust looks kinda nice coming out. how big is that pipe? and how does it sound?

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
I personally need a better exhaust (mine is hanging on barely in the back, one of the mounts broke) and I have a crush bent 3", so I was going to get a mandrel bent that came out the passenger side front wheel well, a bit behind where the brake line comes out. Thought it sounded cool; the biggest reason I wanted to do it is because I never liked the fart can look...seemed to ruin the rear end..