ISC check valve ?

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
Very important, it keeps you from having a boost leak in a pressurized manifold. As for starting, I don't know but I think it unlikely. It mainly controls the idle speed, hence the name Idle Speed Control. I don't think it has anything to do with actually starting the car.

garrettrowe

CPT Furious said:
Very important, it keeps you from having a boost leak in a pressurized manifold. As for starting, I don't know but I think it unlikely. It mainly controls the idle speed, hence the name Idle Speed Control. I don't think it has anything to do with actually starting the car.
Well, no. Actually it's not a big deal if you take out the check valve - isc backflow dumps back into the intake as metered air, so no problem. Plus the isc is cranked down pretty far at wot so not much air is going to backflow. You might loose a half a psi max boost. It could definitely cause the car to not start or die if it's gunked up. The rubber on the check valve deteriorates and can stick to the metal. You can usually clean it up with parts cleaner unless the rubber is shot.

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
Sorry, I forgot to mention mine isn't connected to an accordian hose anymore! ::wink::

Thanks for correcting me, though!