where is my fuel filter!!

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Yeah, and it's a pain in the ass to get at. Toyota did that on purpose because it's supposed to be a lifetime part(good for the life of you vehicle). And people kept trying to change them periodically, like they do with domestic vehicles, which was unnecessary. So Toyota made them difficult to find and remove so people would be less inclined to change them needlessly.

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
Gas in the eyes too sux...
I did mine in 10 minutes...Wasnt hard for me...
I didnt need to remove the gas tank or anything else.

Cheers,
Roy

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
dirgle said:
Yeah, and it's a pain in the ass to get at. Toyota did that on purpose because it's supposed to be a lifetime part(good for the life of you vehicle).

That is the theory, however in reality the fuel filter can and will clog up. I've seen it happen before. Additives, bad gas, any thing out of the ordinary can cause a buildup that will noticeably cause the car to run poorly.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
And every thing works in theory right! :biglaugh: (spoken in complete sarcasm)
In seriousness though your completely right. I probably should have mentioned it in my earlier post. These filters can clog. I think the point that I should have made, was that these filters don't NEED to be part of ones annual tune-up.

ryans_supra

Mar 31, 2005
Burnaby
What have people done to resolve striping the nut on the hardline. I tried removing my filter 2 years ago and even with a box ended wrench rounded the bolt. I ended up just bolting the banjo bolt back on and leaving it. I was thinking of getting a walbro fuel pump and just drop the tank, replace the pump and the fuel filter at the same time that way i have easier access to the fuel filter. Any ideas. What about relocateing or getting a different fuel filter and makeing it more accessable?