wiring issue

boosted1jz

in reconstruction
May 9, 2005
alpharetta ga
www.cardomain.com
ok, im in the process of putting my supra back together.... anyways when i 1st did the 1jz swap once i was done the dash lights/parking lights and brake lights quit working..... i remember some1 saying that it was just a single wire that i might have missed and was wondering if any1 else has come across this problem or might be able to help me out

i had another forum memeber wire the interior harness but i extended the main part of the harness and he says its not his part of the harness but i wired my part of the harness 1 wire at a time so i doubt it was my half

thankyou
chris

Last edited:

boosted1jz

in reconstruction
May 9, 2005
alpharetta ga
www.cardomain.com
ok i have a few more questions!!!! i started cutting my harness open today and found 1 wire almost completely burned up.... and my question is... what wire is it?? does this wire go to the speed steering control??

its a 2 way harness with a black and yellow with red dots....... leads to a grey body harness plug

next 2 pix..... this is off the white body harness plug and its a yellowish color wire... problem is is that it is cut at the end WTF???? does this wire not go anywhere??? i had another forum member do the body harness( for a VERY VERY high price may i add since i did the extention of the rest myself) and i dunno if he didnt splice this wire in? or what.... but im thinking it might have something to do with my no dash/ body power...

please some1 help!!!

Attachments

• MVC-269F.JPG
    MVC-269F.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 54
  • MVC-266F.JPG
    MVC-266F.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 62
  • MVC-268F.JPG
    MVC-268F.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 50

boosted1jz

in reconstruction
May 9, 2005
alpharetta ga
www.cardomain.com
hey guys, sorry for bringing a thread from the dead but i didnt wanna make a whole nother thread....... its been a while, i had put my supra away for a few months and am now about to start working on it again, well im still stuck on this no dash or parking lights issue....

what do these harnesses go to???

and do these wires need to go anywhere?? i have gotten them ready for splicing if so, 2 are blue black and 2 are white black, i also have a random white red
i also have a round 4way plug that has 2 thick blue wires and 1 thin blue and 1 thin yellow wire... where does it go? if anywhere

ma70mkiii

Jul 16, 2007
ohio
have you checked all the fuses. maybe a relay. if you have a haynes manual... i dont have mine in front of me but there are quite a few relays in the car. might want to check em out. i'm having wiring issues at the moment as well except i cant get my car to start.

Frankenstien

Mar 2, 2008
Lower Mainland, B.C.
Fuseable link burned up? I thought someone cut the wires on a harness of mine but it was the link that fried, making it look like someone cut it. I find, when wiring, it's easy to train wreck. What I do is take one wire (ONLY ONE) and find out where it comes from, and where it goes and then fix it accordingly. Then I move onto the next one.

The correct wiring diagrams and focusing on one thing at a time will get you through the problem rather quickly. Keep in mind that there are "universal harnesses" in these cars and not all plugs/wires will need to be used (depending on the options your car has).

Dr.Tweak might be able to help you out. (I think he's the one who does wiring anyway)

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
You have no body power at all? If this is the case check the alternator power wire that connects to the two thick black wires in the fusebox area which power the cabin.

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
Check the 'Tail' fuse, and the taillight relay, both of these are needed for those lights to work. The power for this system comes from the 'ALT' fusible link box in the engine bay and runs via a black wire to the junction block where the fuses are in the drivers kickpanel. The system is also grounded in this area, make sure the ground is still attached.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
Thats is because your headlight / tailight wires go through your engine harness its not part of the chassie harness

Hey you dont need to extend the harness it is mostly plug and play if you do it right I had to splice or extend no more then 20 wires.

All you need to do is use the EA2 conector out of your jza70 and plug it into your fuse block then you only have to splice 1-2 wires there.
you need to extend the 2 thick black wires to the J box next to the battery they go to the loop connector that used to bolt onto the 7M alternator.

The front is done now

You take the harness and route it through a slightly enlarged speedo hole into the glove box that is done mount your ecu there.

You take the old jza70 body connectors out of the half clip then you remove about a foot of wire and the 7M body connectors also you splice them together as you body connector depending on car options this is only 12-20 wires you splice them together in as little as 3 houres start your car and drive your done no wiring mess no fuss.

how you splice the wires together is the same exact mapping as that old jza70 page.

With 1 exception
He did not tell people that if your car was an automatic and your swapping in a jza70 clip 99% always manuel you have to splice together the black/white wire with the black/blue wire because the nuetral saftey start circuit will seperate these normaly unless the selector switch in your auto is in park.

simply spliceing these together will bypass the switch that is not used in a manuel car.

boosted1jz

in reconstruction
May 9, 2005
alpharetta ga
www.cardomain.com
the main wire im looking to splice right now i think is the yellow-green.... and i may have a few grounds to do...

the black wires you are talking about, do they route to the ABS and CDS fuses??

the car has been 1jz for a few years and has ran since then, its just that i had to rig my parking lights to come on since they would not work with the multi-function switch, my taillights work when the brakes are pressed....

Last edited:

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
Yes the yellow green wire is your alternator wire that one is by the fuse block that is 1 wire you must splice.

The thick black wires you must splice come from the alternator from the 1JZ you must not really splice them but extend them to the lug they goto the short thick wires that go into the fuse block off of the old 7m engine.

now your CDS fan wires
this depends if you keep the hydrofan then you will most likely want to use the jza70 fan shroud and radiator to mount it also it allows you to keep the temp sensor also if you go manuel clutch fan you will want to use the JZA70 shroud.
with either of these you wont need the CDS e fan wires because the jza70 shroud doesnt have the provision for E-fan

If you decide to use electric fan and remove the hydro fan then you must use a fused power wire I would suggest using the old CDS e fan circuit and relay just have a temp sensor drive the E-fan relay and use the same power circuit to drive power to it.

boosted1jz

in reconstruction
May 9, 2005
alpharetta ga
www.cardomain.com
Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE;1247745 said:
Yes the yellow green wire is your alternator wire that one is by the fuse block that is 1 wire you must splice.

The thick black wires you must splice come from the alternator from the 1JZ you must not really splice them but extend them to the lug they goto the short thick wires that go into the fuse block off of the old 7m engine.

where does the Y-G wire go?? i dont have another 1 to splice it into, i dont see a Y-G or a Y wire to splice into....

the only thick black wires that are not spliced in are the CDS and ABS i believe, and i could care less about the ABS as well....

boosted1jz

in reconstruction
May 9, 2005
alpharetta ga
www.cardomain.com
OOOOOOK!!!!!!!! so we got the parking lights to work but now my dimmer switch is bad also... found that my retractor relay was bad

now my question is, i swapped this with the green relay out of the 1jz... did i need to??? the original was a black relay box....

i feel like such an idiot right now its not even funny!! ive been chasing something that should have been working and easy

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
No you dont need to swap them everything is the same!
the junction boxes are the same a little bit more kenji on them thats it!
I looked up all the internal connections in the J boxes they are all the same!
It is better though based on year say your car is a 1986.5 and you have a half clip jza70

It would be much smarter to use the boxes and connectors in your clip over the oem in the 1986.5 because the plastic is more brittle and weaker then the plastic in 89< supras.