70's 351 mach 1

J

JerzeySlowpra

i was on my way home from a weekend long car show at the jersey shore. im driving down the parkway at like 80 and come up behind a 70's red 351 mustang, it sounded really heathly and pretty sick. anyway the guy raises his right hand and waves good bye... he took off i was in 5th so he was walking a little. shortly we both take the same exit onto the Atlantic city expressway which is a 2 lane exit, after the turn he down shifts and i down shift and we both take off, he gets the jump i blow by.. and he backs off around 120... the guy wasnt to happy at all

J

JerzeySlowpra

car actually weighs 3100 lbs with me driving it, as far as the weight reduction the car has no plastics in the back, no back seat, spare tire and all of that crap, all sound deadening material in the car has been removed, all under carpet material and misc. brackets etc through out the car that arent really needed. no AC, cruise control and luxery items like that. this car is also not my daily driver though. the car puts down 282 rwhp and 322 ft lbs tq. and the AFC is un-tuned last dyno i was running a 10.1 a/f which i need to correct to free up some more power, but i am waiting to put the injectors and lex. MAF in before i do that.

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
Not bad! my dad had a 70 mach 1 with the 351 cleveland....4 speed. cams, headers, high flow heads, carb, light pulleys, intake, straight pipes. It was mean. I only drove it twice before he sold it, but it had such raw power from the second you opened up those carbs

supra: la la la WHEEEEEEEEE TURBOOOOO!
mach one: WHEEEEEEEEEEE oh man that was fun.