Cheaper way to fix front left bearing?

hide with MKIII

Apr 8, 2005
MA
My 87 NA didnt pass MA inspection because of shot bearing on the front left.
I am looking for a cheapest way to make the car pass the inspection and changing bearing would cost me 250 dollars. Then I thought, if I could get a not bad Steering Knuckle with Axcle Hub cheap, it wouldnt cost over 150 dollars to fix.
So I am looking for a FRONT LEFT Steering Knuckle with Axcle Hub.
My mechanic said I shouldnt use an used part for bearing because you never know what kind of condition the parts are.

However, I am planing a project of making JZA70 soon. So I just need my current Supra to be drivable for a year or so (not using shell of mine for the project).

If you have the parts I need or know better way (cheaper way) to make my car pass MA inspection. Please reply.

Thanks
Here is the pic of the parts I need.
http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/TSRM/fa/FA_08.html

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
hah wow. MA state inspection really seems to care more about individual safety than "pollution". its kind of nice.

in NY you would never fail for a wheel bearing. how would they even know? they only throw the car on the dyno and thats it.

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
How much are they charging for the bearing? I got my rear bearings at Discount auto. They list the front bearings at $41 Here is the link
Discount Auto Most shops charge about $100 for each side. Check with local parts stores, online car club forums in your area & see who they reccomend that does side work. Most of the time they will charge you 1/2 of what a retail shop would. Hell even ask the mech. at the shop if he would do it on the side.

HTH