TEMS Firm overide question...

sathu

Apr 20, 2005
SJ, CA
I followed the SOGI write up and spilce two wire into the violet and brown and run that to my off/on switch under my MP3 player. Now I am not sure if you suppose to use a momentary switch or not, mine is a metal switch that stay on when turned on. The problem I have is that when I turn on key to ON and TEMS on normal and flip the switch to on for overide the TEMS light up the first and last light and blink 3x and I hear the click at the rear which indicate that it did turn to firm but then 2 secs later it click back down to normal. Same thing when I have button on SPORT and flip the switch. The TEMS light doesn't show full 3 bar no matter what I do, it just won't hold :icon_frow . Maybe I didn't follow the step right or what? Is there a specific way to get the overide to stay on or what? I tried with the engine on and flip it on and off and nothing happen. The wiring is done right since it did blink like the SOGI write up said it would be.

sathu

Apr 20, 2005
SJ, CA
The switch I used is the same one I used for the AC fan, so it not momentary that is for sure. The two outside does blink when key is at ON and switch is on with normal mode and it does have 3 light on with sport. Problem is it won't stay in firm mode. Does it suppose to stay in in firm with all 3 light on or does it go off but still in firm mode?