1jz and 2jz bottem end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
Changing the Deck height alone, would do nothing for displacement, it would only alter the compression ratio (assuming all else is equal).

To increase the displacement, you need any one of the three:

larger bore
larger stroke
more cylinders

(PS: the magazine quote you included mentioned an increase in the bore)

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
ma71supraturbo said:
Changing the Deck height alone, would do nothing for displacement, it would only alter the compression ratio (assuming all else is equal).

To increase the displacement, you need any one of the three:

larger bore
larger stroke
more cylinders

(PS: the magazine quote you included mentioned an increase in the bore)

....and Porsche upped the size from 3.6 to 3.8 liters......just from BORE...

what happens if you increase the deck height.......that is ADDING to the motor....

People tend to think of this in metal terms...adding girth....well thats partially right.

The other way is just finding out what you can increase in size and keep the others the same to increase HP or TQ. Toyota did it the other way...... and they came out with a measly .5 liters bigger of displacement over ALL 6 cylinders...

now again. Imagine .5 liters spread over 6 cylinders...that is NOT MUCH AT ALL.

that is basically the difference in deck height alone. The extra height made the extra .5 liters...the BLOCK is the culprit of the "mysterious" .5 liters.

Porsche just increased the bore......kept the same crank and called it .2 liters bigger.....you could say thats a "stroked" motor....

I could just hear someone saying " yeah this new Carrera S has the STROKED 3.8 liter motor".....

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
siman said:
....and Porsche upped the size from 3.6 to 3.8 liters......just from BORE...
Yes. From the numbers in the quote, the engine would have grown from 3.735 to 3.972 liters.

what happens if you increase the deck height.......that is ADDING to the motor....
Yes, but not increasing displacement.

Porsche just increased the bore......kept the same crank and called it .2 liters bigger.....you could say thats a "stroked" motor....

A "stroked" engine has a longer stroke than its predecessor, so no, the new engine would be called "overbored."

BORE = the diameter of the cylinder

Stroke = The "throw" of the piston from BDC to TDC.

The volume traveled in the cylinder times 6 (# of cylinders) equals the displacement... Changing the height of the block makes no difference in the volume that the piston covers

Last edited:

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
The only engine that
6907a31a18eed9bd2e0dd6e9abf151ce.png
does not apply to is the rotory

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
Thats the point. NO ONE has called the 2jz a stroked motor. Not even TOYOTA themselves.

its just an egine with increased size....displacement....or LITERS....

Way back when i touched on that, everyone thought i was saying "the 2jz is a stroked motor"...when i was just trying to say where they got the extra .5 liters from when the cranks were identicle....

and it all went down hill becuase people just did not comprehend what i was trying to say.

All in all,

Toyota wanted more torque out of the 1jz. What they did was add internal girth to the motor.

1. They already had a awsome strong block.
2. They already had a awsome crank
3. They already had forged pistons ready to take a pounding.

What they didnt have was Torque ( in higher HP applications).
They needed some way to increase tq WITHOUT changing the crank stroke.

So they revised the block ( added height) to accomodate larger sized ( length and width) rods, these were just HEAVIER and had a LARGER mass to give the NEW motor the Extra kick at low RPM's that the 1jz didnt have ( at least it did at HIGH rpms, where tq is useless).

That is my point. That is what toyota did. The 2jz is NOT stroked. It was massaged and renamed.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Im confused what is the point of this. not to be an ass an all, but from what ive read are u trying to say that the 2j is just a little bit better than the 1j or no?

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
a rotary uses the measure of combustion chamber size as the displacement. You cannot increase the displacement that way simman. There are only two ways to increase displacement on any given motor(except the rotory) and everyone here has listed them. These rules apply to any given motor. IJ and the others are correct. He does not have to have any knowledge of the 1jz or 2jz at all. All engines are this way. It applies to everything, from four wheeler engines to motorcycle engines to car engines. Japan couldn't just invent a new way to magically make displacement from nothing, it has to be done by stroke or overbore.

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
No it does not.

and please seperate your sentences Gixxer....LOL Feels like i am reading a vision chart looking through a school of fish!

DC34DC311,
The point is that Toyota did not use a stroked crank assymbly to get the extra .5 liters of displacement for the 2jz.

And some people cant comprehend the object in total size being that is the extra .5 liters.

I<3Supras

Drft What do u mean drft?
Mar 31, 2005
Southern, Ca
So Toyota just made it .5 liters bigger just by making the block bigger and heavier rods. So if Siman is wrong then how did they make the displacment bigger in the 2jz even though cranks are the same. Is the bore size bigger in the 2jz?

Last edited:

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Siman i got news for you and IJ and Shawndude are correct and as always science is right. you are wrong/

Simple math. The strokes ARE differnet in the 1jz and the 2jz. There is no doubt about that. Rod length does NOT change the displacement OR stroke and niether does deck height (all things being equal) if the stroke is the same (ie what is more 2 liters of coke or 2 liters or pepsi??) Rod length affect the angular foces and to a certain point piston velocity.

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
By easy math.

They didnt use the US manufacturers tables to calculate displacement at all...rather they made a new way...just like porsche can claim a freaking .2 liters more just from WIDER pistons....that is an obvious enlargement...

and the BLOCK of the 2jz is larger.

Every damn person keeps on trying to make a point about "STROKED"....uggghhhhhh

its not stroked. This is why i partially gave up the first freaking time....people just didnt get what i was saying....

Maybe this is why the Japanese didnt let us know how they did it....they new it would turn into a fiasco?

Or they know us Americans are stuck in our ways and wont try to let in a new type of displacement calculation ( basing off size of the block rather than the actual internal size....)

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
the size of the rod comes into play as well Figgie. The DEPTH of the cylinder bore comes into play AGAIN Figgie.

Those all come into play in the over all calculation FIGGIE.

Should i repeat myself so many times? Can you people not read, nor understand my very realistic hypothesis?

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
siman said:
the size of the rod comes into play as well Figgie. The DEPTH of the cylinder bore comes into play AGAIN Figgie.

Those all come into play in the over all calculation FIGGIE.

Should i repeat myself so many times? Can you people not read, nor understand my very realistic hypothesis?

ok i had enough of your fucking stupidity. Go google displacement. It is all the same shit. Area of cylinder by the height of TRAVEL of the piston in said cylinder by the amount of clyinders you fucking nimrod. You can not be that fucking dense????

They (the rods) DO NOT COME INTO FUCKING CALCULATION!!!! This shit is basic calculus and PHYSICS!!!

The rods, do not under any circumstance, in this universe, change displacement. Just like if the cylinder it self was a fucking mile long. If the piston still only travels 88mm... the displacement is the SAME if the same cylinder is only 10 feet long or 12 inches long. DISPLACEMENT DOES NOT CHANGE YOU FUCKING IMBECIL!!!

let see Sir Isaac Newton or Siman..Newton or Siman... somehow i think Newton knew what the fuck he was talking about when he came up with calculus... :icon_roll

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
figgie said:
ok i had enough of your fucking stupidity. Go google displacement. It is all the same shit. Area of cylinder by the height of TRAVEL of the piston in said cylinder by the amount of clyinders you fucking nimrod. You can not be that fucking dense????

They (the rods) DO NOT COME INTO FUCKING CALCULATION!!!! This shit is basic calculus and PHYSICS!!!

The rods, do not under any circumstance, in this universe, change displacement. Just like if the cylinder it self was a fucking mile long. If the piston still only travels 88mm... the displacement is the SAME if the same cylinder is only 10 feet long or 12 inches long. DISPLACEMENT DOES NOT CHANGE YOU FUCKING IMBECIL!!!

let see Sir Isaac Newton or Siman..Newton or Siman... somehow i think Newton knew what the fuck he was talking about when he came up with calculus... :icon_roll

wow....are you mad? or.......

what is there to get so discouraged about? hehehehehehe :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.