Divorce DP question

blacksupra

Apr 9, 2005
Buena Park,CA
I'm thinking of getting one of this Divorce set up but I'd like to know first if i'll be hitting fuel cut cuz I don't have the lexus afm, no 550 injectors neither the MHG. What do you guys think?

s turbo 87

Accepting Donations
Apr 5, 2005
Louisville, KY
You might hit fuel cut depending on several things. Some being temperature, stock intake or not, turbo is in good shape or not. I have heard of people on stock boost settings hitting fuel cut with a good turbo elbow and intake. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
-Andy

jester1341

topless and blown
Mar 30, 2005
Western Maryland
it's true, hitting or not hitting FC is based on what you can get in and out. opening up the exhaust that much may make you hit fuel cut.....just get/make a detant ball MBC

there cheap on ebay and there are directions to make them on the internet.

john

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
Mk3_300 on here has ( had ) the DDP from Becausican. He was showing 14lbs of boost on his Apexi electronic boost gauge ( those things DONT lie).
He felt like he hit boost cut sometimes...the car would jerk at high rpms and die sometimes...yada yada...

Well he got tired of the "giant exhaust leak" sound and got the DDP section from the WG welded back into the DP itself so now its sealed..

well his boost gauge now reads 9-10lbs of boost.....something is serioulsy...well....WOW!

We couldnt believe it...but its true. he doesnt hit FC anymore ( than he used to )......its just weird.

But yeah, he hit FC with his DDP......Now we are running dead even on highway pulls :)

Alpinesupra

Cars never talk back
Apr 6, 2005
mckinney, tx
its a good product once you get past the fc.
a friend of mine was having the same porblems.
but i hope you like a loud drowning noise. its really loud.
-sean

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
The DDP is only loud while boosting, while normal driving it's no louder then a regular aftermarket dp. It is pretty loud under boost, but I got used to it quick. I also noticed it sounds better the more boost you run. At stock boost it sounds pretty crappy.