2JZ-GTE swap: need advices

Korg77

Mar 31, 2005
Moscow
My dream comes true - it comes with 2JZ-GTE that were delivered to my garage last evening.

But this engine from Toyota Aristo, in the west known as Lexus GS400, and it have some differences:

1) I need another (i don't know the right word) oil pan from JZ' supra or soarer. Can i buy pan from JZA80 supra? or JZ enigines from JZA70 and JZA80 are different too..
I didn't expect to see such comlicated oil pan of JZ engine (it consist of 2 aluminium parts) :(
I was sure that it similar to well known 1G or 7M and i can made it in old pan using weld machine...

2) I still cannot find ECU EFI for this engine. However, i want to buy "tuned" ECU on an auction, in future.. Can i use ECU EFI from 1JZ-GTE till i find a native one? Somebody told me that this computers are similar in common...

3) I cannot buy new intercooler for 2JZ-GTE, cause i think that installation will take much more money that engine costs... So, what wuld you say about idea of using stock supra intercooler (from MA70 or GA70)?

[offtopic]is it 1-st April joke about hacked forum? :( [/offtopic]

Last edited:

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
try and find a stock 1jz intercooler, itll bolt up no prob in your ma70 chassis and will work with your FFI mani 2jz.

also, an oil pan from a 1jz should work on a 2jz, cant speak from first had experience but it is what i have read around online.

Korg77

Mar 31, 2005
Moscow
lagged:
i don't know what to do - i cant' find ECU from 2JZ-GTE :(
I have one from 1JZ-GTE... but i really dont' know is it safe for my engine to try it..

And, 30 minutes ago i visited my friend who trying to implant 2JZ-GE from toyota Crown... After 2 days of thinking he take 1G-FE pans, cut it apart and now weld them into somethinh new...

cwapface:
In far east of Russia about 99% of all vehicles are japanese, right drive wheel, cars...
Not so much Supras, but in common, in all Russia, i think their quantity is equal to USA..
We are living much closer to Japan than you, and 95% of supras are RDW. Not so many known clubs, but too many people, who made something wonderfull with their cars..

The only link i know - it's a a phorum www.auto.vl.ru in Vladivostok-city, the "capital" of japanse cars... If tell the truth, i don't know other usefull links... For instance - www.supra.ru is still empty in 2 years of being registered.

And... somewhere at supramania.com i watched i link to the cars made in our city. I think in june or july here will be finished 2 very interesting 70-th supras: one with 1UZ-FE and one with really mad bodywork (?).

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
No You can't use the 1JZ ecu on your 2JZ. The Fuel and timming maps are diffrent, as well as the wiring for the sensors.

Korg77

Mar 31, 2005
Moscow
wiring is not a problem...

Seems i found ecu's in auction listing... now is about 100$... Damn, 48 hours are left!

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
the 2JZ oil pan or actually panS are two pieces...this allows for easy access without having to drop much from underneath the car...UNILKE hte 7m FOR SURE and im not sure about the 1jz...

as for wiring...your ECU and wiring harness must be from the same year span and type of car...which in your case would have to be a 2jz harness and ecu...im not sure if the harnesses changed in the span of the 2jz but you will need them to match each other...being the ecu and the harness.

HTH a little.

Korg77

Mar 31, 2005
Moscow
Aristo JXS147 found on the "trashyard"... ("buy our genuin auto-moto parts", f*** - they ask $250 for ECU just because it were removed from a bigger car than usually!) :(

I going to look for ECU and oilpan on yahoo.co.jp, and need translator for web pages (babel.altavista.com seems not responding anymore).

Idealsupra:
I made new (and i hope temporary) one-piece oilpan.. Have checked it for the licks (?).. hope it will solve the problem for 1-2 monthes.

Last edited:

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
korg... the JZ oil pan from the supras should be interchangable.

the Supra 2JZ ecu is different than aristo. i think the connectors are whats different.

use Nifty Globalgate translator for the yahoo.co.jp auctions.

Korg77

Mar 31, 2005
Moscow
Chris bell: difference in connectors are not a problem... i only hope that timing and the mode how's turbunes work will be the same as it should be - sequental or parallel...

News and Questions:

1) i found oilpan! $30! :)

2) i have choose from:

- Ecu from 2jz-gte supra - $100 (stock) (USA, California) Too far...
- Ecu Toyota Aristo 2JZ-GTE - $100 (for a350 gearbox, so i need to buy a350 in this case :(

- Ecu - Toyota Aristo 2JZ-GTE - non stock: MineS (never heard bout! and no information about of this ecu) - $300

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Korg77 said:
Chris bell: difference in connectors are not a problem... i only hope that timing and the mode how's turbunes work will be the same as it should be - sequental or parallel...

News and Questions:

1) i found oilpan! $30! :)

2) i have choose from:

- Ecu from 2jz-gte supra - $100 (stock) (USA, California) Too far...
- Ecu Toyota Aristo 2JZ-GTE - $100 (for a350 gearbox, so i need to buy a350 in this case :(

- Ecu - Toyota Aristo 2JZ-GTE - non stock: MineS (never heard bout! and no information about of this ecu) - $300

If you buy a newer version of 2JZ [the VVTi model, should be 1999 and newer models] then the ECU will be different. Most of the 1998 and prior ECUs should be the same between Aristo and Supra, but take note that I believe all Aristos were automatic transmission.

As for Mines, they are a very popular tuning company in Japan, and ECU tuning is the most common thing for which they are known.

Korg77

Mar 31, 2005
Moscow
non-VVTi exectly..
i decide to buy stock, cause they ask for the Mine's ECU - 1300, not 300! (and the average price is 700-750 as i know now)

Last edited:

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
well, it all depends on what you want to do.

the OBDII models of 2JZGTE, from 96+ have more emissoins controls and are more likely to throw check engine lights over simple failures, like if a VSV or any other little thing is removed. the upside is that an OBDII ecu produces more power under the curve as it has better timing maps

the OBD1 models of the 2JZGTE from 93-96 are simpler and less sensative when removing emissoins control devices and such. they make less power under the curve as the timing maps are different. but for convencience, the OBD1 modles are much nicer.

Korg77

Mar 31, 2005
Moscow
it's all ready to swap. Don't ask me how it was to cut and weld the upper oil cap :) It'd be a temporary solution.
And now - i need to know the part number of upper oil cap, cause i have an opportunity to order it at the local toyota center, but they too lazy to look it in catalogue..