HKS Silent Hi-Power exhaust!

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.h3.dion.ne.jp/~kenpa/products00.htm&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.h3.dion.ne.jp/~kenpa/products00.htm%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG

You can get it at Horsepowerfreaks.com now for the ma70 supra.....as many of you know, HKS hasnt made a Hipower exhaust for our cars for some time now...

but HKS has finally seen the aftermarket parts are being bought for the mk3 supra now and finally have brought them for the US as well! THANK GOD!

I am buying this exhuast this sommer!

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
Me and my buddy Kris just stumbled onto the HPF website again today looking for valve stem oil seals......and we decided to look at exhausts....since I am in the market for a high quality full stainless system this sommer...

JIC is out...becoming to "normal"
RSR..well kris has that....so thats out
Tanabe is too regular sounding.

Kakimoto is the other brand i might buy.....they are SUPER rare and have awsome fit and finish

the other will be the HKS Silent Hi Power. I am afraid it will be TOO toned down...I still want to have that SUPRA sound to it...nothing dull and TOO bassy...

Fujitsubo is on the decision list as well.

Blue87T(Dan)

Mar 30, 2005
St. Clair Shores, MI
But Siman,

Isn't important thing that it is HKS.

I mean what really else matters?

You are living the "JDM TyTe life"

Maybe if you pay a few hundred more thay can get you a used one from Japan.

High power exhaust is running a cut-out. Any muffler is a restriction!

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
my friend has an HKS evolution(*havent seen this exhaust offered anywhere).

its pretty much the same as the silent hi power, it just says evolution on the can and has that burnt looking tip.

its very quiet.

actually simann, since you are into rare parts, i am sure he would part with it if the price were right!

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Yes.. and they've been out awhile now. I remember over a year ago when Takakaira.com changed their HKS section and the HiPer exhaust section changed to the silent type. It had better be good, because the price is $200 more than that of the regular HiPer. It looks nice, but it's still only a 3-inch exhaust [85mm, but that's more than likely O.D., and HKS exhausts are THICK construction - I would bet that I.D. is 75mm].

Don't be worried about an exhaust being "too normal", or worry about what someone else has - if it looks great, sound is your only worry. With JIC, the price is you main concern - you don't get enough for what you pay. There are plenty of brand name exhausts that will perform the same for less. A 3-inch exhaust on a turbo Supra sounds good, and your modifications can change the tone a bit from your buddies. Having a different downpipe, turbocharger, turbo manifold and even [I know you hate to hear this] adding a catalytic converter instead of a test pipe can change the tone.

I know that the need to be different is great and all, but there are some cases where "copying" someone is a good thing.

supra_dre

Apr 1, 2005
RS*R GTII, Nur Spec, or custom straight---->nothing less why get an aftermarket exhuast for a turbo car with mufflers and sharp bends?

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
Well, the silent hi power has been out for around half a year or more...BUT, they havent made it for the mk3 until NOW.

I am thinking about going with the silent hi power since no one has it, and that its rare....and expensive, and if you look at the pics from that website i quoted.....the piping is ALL POLISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They also use a new type of fiberglass wool for sound deadening, hence the silent name.

I doubt its SILENT, since its straight through....but hey.....

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
well these days aftermarket "silent" exhausts mean that it wont outdue you 5kwatt sound system or wont break windows.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
siman said:
Well, the silent hi power has been out for around half a year or more...BUT, they havent made it for the mk3 until NOW.

I am thinking about going with the silent hi power since no one has it, and that its rare....and expensive, and if you look at the pics from that website i quoted.....the piping is ALL POLISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They also use a new type of fiberglass wool for sound deadening, hence the silent name.

I doubt its SILENT, since its straight through....but hey.....

it is probably restricted though in the muffler which is lousy for flow.