you car shake with targa off??

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
ok i took my targa off and drove arround and i randomly get this shake from my car as if my car was missing or stumbling or as if my wheels were loose. its random and just noticable the thing is it also happens with targo on just not as bad. anyone have any ideas as to what would cause it. i checked my engine and it doesnt miss, i took wheels off and they are on there like no tomorrow, i gotta take it to midas to check bearings and struts.
while im there is there anything else i should have them check?, anything that could case shudder in the car at like 30-40mph , not under throttle but when i let off just rolling.
anyway thnx

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
common with all targa'd MKIIIs. Do a search and you'll find all kinds of suggestions to "minimize" it....

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
Well, I had a running targa MK3 for over 5 years & took the targa off every chance I had.
Before I bought it, I looked at this one non-targa car & then told the seller that I needed a targa. He tried to tell me how bad the car would shake etcetcetc if it were a targa. So glad I did not listen to him & bought a targa, because to me, I just don't mind it at all (the flexing). It never bothered me & I probably have bumpier roads in my state than most that do complain too.
In Florida the roads are smoother (ice does not crack them like in NY). I wonder how people drive these targas, that complain. Do they race through bumpy roads or something? or How come I dont mind it? I even hit turns once in a while too, but not on bumper turns or roads.

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
The only time my car would shake with the roof out was when crossing train tracks, but what car doesn't do that? I never had, or maybe just didn't notice any shake with the targa.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
no i mean it shook a tad before cus it had the drag chute but i mean its rummbling moreso than it used to.