Banned
May 1, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Image074.jpg

Hmmm not good..

Image075.jpg

ahhh there it is!

Image078.jpg

smart move bashing that socket on over the rounded end from someones previous attempts

Image080.jpg

grindy the side on my nice 19mm sidchrome socket :( and then tap it off :(

Image082.jpg

R.I.P Mr 19mm 1/2inch drive

Image083.jpg

hello Mr shiney new 3/4 drive 19mm

Image084.jpg

GOTCHA!!!!

Image087.jpg

Thank you Mr Chain

How was your day?

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
omg.. i saw that grinder near the crank pulley and was thinking wtf are you doing LOL

thankfully i've never broken anything on the crank pulley bolt... but while attempting to undo mine i did find my crank walking :(
so i guess there are a few bad experiences with cranks.. just different ones lol

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
My parts motor at some time had the balancer come loose and some MORON had "fixed" it with Devcon A it's a 2 pack titanium putty epoxy thing!

It took me half a day and the Oxy torch to get it off!

suprafanatic90t

Mar 31, 2005
Spring Hill Tennessee
my balancer had a chunck broken out of it and came loose. it caused it to widen the keyhole by at least twice the normal size and also grinded the front of the crank down. had to buy a new crank and balancer. what sucks even worse is that the original crank was a 7m and the new one was a 6m, but o well what can you do. tried to get the old one fixed but no one would weld it.

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
Supra Blues said:
On those days its sometimes best to put the tools down and back away...and just :beer:

That is the best advice. I've had those days, nothing to do with the crank pully though. Just everything else :kaboom:

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
btw what tools are you using, was that rachet made in japan? invest in some craftsman man hit yardsales lookin for some and just take them to sears and get new ones for the yard sale price. thats what i did i've almost got a full set. i just need more metric sockets.