R.I.P Supra

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
Well I just found out about 15 mintues ago that my buddies '87 caught on fire and is no more :wtc: :wtc: :wtc:

I sold him a bunch of parts off of my old car to get it running and it's finally running and him and a buddy took the car for a short rip up the road from his place, boosted great, pulled hard, suddenly they saw smoke start comin out from under the hood, slowed and pulled over then flames come out, called his parents, they drive up with fire extinguisher, he gets it out temporarily then the whole front end went up.

From what he told me it was an oil leak that started the fire, He wasn't completly sure about this but there isn't much left to figure out what happened.

He had nearly $1400cdn into getting the car back running
468269_69_full.jpg

And this just a few weeks after his '82 Supra got written off cause someone ran into it.

Here are some pics of the carnage, not for the weak hearted :wtc:

468269_70_full.jpg

468269_71_full.jpg

468269_72_full.jpg

Lets all have a moment of silence for the dear departed Supra.......

Last edited:
W

w0rm

RIP to another BC supra... was that a black one aswell? They are getting fewer and fewer by the day...

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
Damn! That sucks!
I wonder if he will get any insurance money.
Will he part it out? or send it to the junk yard?
Maybe the proceeds of parting it out (if he does that) will go to a new ride.
Also, something I found interesting was that the front left fender has a hole in it. Was that from a rust hole or the fire?--a fire could not burn a hole through it like that could it?...probably not, but just made me wonder.

Well like him I lost a MK2 & basically a MK3. So I know how it is like.

7MGTEJoe

Mar 31, 2005
Salinas, CA
That really sucks but it provides an important lesson. Always have a BC fire extinguisher in your car! Preferably a halotron 1 or a CO2 extinguisher, the powder BC makes one hell of a mess.

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Looks like it was a gas fire.

The flames weren't hot enough to melt the coil packs (or so it appears), the intake plennum, or the TEMS caps.
Surely there is some stuff to salvage.
Tell him to go find a shell and do a transplant.

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
I think he's just getting rid of what's left of the car, and fixing his '82. I would guess the hole in the fender is from rust, seeing as he told me the fronts were really bad and I sold him my old ones for on the car, but I don't think they were on yet.

It was a dark blue one. The plan was to get it running drive it, fix the '82 then swap the 7M into the '82 but who knows what's going to happen now.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
D34DC311 said:
ahh Black Supras are getting scarce.

Loki said:
It was a dark blue one.

thats a shame :( i carried a fire extinguisher in mine after i did my swap, and had my dad ready with it when i first fired it up. my guess, as MDC stated, was that it was a fuel spray fire.

-shaeff

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
fark man, fark

im sorry that blows ass against the wind. i just gave my car a hug thinking of that pic.
that pic just reminded me of that dsm in off topic that got owned to the max.

im sorry man btw whats savable on it. chasis, engine parts. anything? rear diff ok?