Down for the count

MrBoost

SOGI 94
Apr 1, 2005
Hell Bent in Austin
Man, my car has been sliding downhill lately. It's too damn low on the Bilstein/H&R setup, so all the tires are nearly corded on the inside edge. They rub like a mother too. The PS is leaking somewhere, it's not the rubber near the PC can. The cam seals leak REALLY BAD. And to top it off, it has been overheating for the slightest reason and the HG finally let go. I have compression problems and white smoke after a 5min idle. The underseat dvd/cd player stopped turning on. The right side speakers are all spotty and the front-drivers tweeter is out. The freaking stress of this car has been getting on me.

It's very hard to get all these things done with its my only car, so I helped my X get a 2001 Eclipse Spyder and I'm taking her 2001 Durango for myself. Now I can park the supie and work on it slowly and get r done. To look forward to a drama-free commute to work- oh the joy!

More later.
MrBoost

J

JerzeySlowpra

sell or trade me your blistein h&r set or trade for new shocks and eibachs haha

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
thank God man...scared the shit outta me there for a sec. who are we gonna be able to tag now "that theres an oil leak 3 ft that way?" :lol: glad to see u are stickin it out

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
Jeff's been into MK3's too long to let some little problems get him down (I hope ;)). A reliably daily driver does help the stress though. Hopefully the BHG repair will allow you ample opportunity to fix all the little "delayed maintainence" items in the engine bay.

MrBoost

SOGI 94
Apr 1, 2005
Hell Bent in Austin
Tks friends. Yeah, just need some time to collect up my patience and funds for the recovery effort. I'm actually thinking of the eibach springs b/c I have some rare APEXI struts that I want to put on next. If I can get some other strut-caps that'd let me ship these Bilstn/HnR setups in one bundle.

J

JerzeySlowpra

MrBoost said:
Tks friends. Yeah, just need some time to collect up my patience and funds for the recovery effort. I'm actually thinking of the eibach springs b/c I have some rare APEXI struts that I want to put on next. If I can get some other strut-caps that'd let me ship these Bilstn/HnR setups in one bundle.

were you referring to me about my offer to trade? my shocks are only the stock kyb's but there brand new, and the tops are good and the eibachs are only 5 months old not rusted still look new, but my cars my daily driver so i dont even know how we'd do this and i kinda wanted to keep my tems shocks because i have a HKS damper controller in my car...

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
SoupedUpSupra said:
props for not selling your car and wimping out like so many people do :D

Man Jeff is Supra crazy.. sogi 94 dude! Still havent had the pleasure of meeting him though.

Possibly Vegas this year?

GOT BOOST

Mar 30, 2005
Canada
www.supraclub.ca
Hey Mr.Boost,

That is a real tough pill to swallow. Glad to hear you haver another ride avaliable and have decided to tough it out and work the bugs out! You will feel much better when you have it all fixed!

I am sure you are feeling what some supra owners have felt before. You want to take a sledge hammer to it, then find some gas and a match! LOL

I know what it is like with the Supra problems.....It seems like every week I am needing to replace something, or something has broke. When it rains, it pours!

Keep us posted as to the progress.

Best of luck man!

Mike Nikolai

MrBoost

SOGI 94
Apr 1, 2005
Hell Bent in Austin
Yeah, the car overheated three times in two weeks, I was about to steer into a friggen pole. I'm enjoying the stress free drives to work this week. heh. I still have this desire to push 7 young women into the durango, so much damn space. lol.

Re: Eibachs...I'll look for some later, prob just to mount on my apexi units.