another boost?

1987supraomega

Stupid hurts
Apr 11, 2005
Elroy, WI
www.cardomain.com
Alright I got my new rebuilt CT-26 back from Arizona Turbo (which I have to say I am very impressed) anyways I shimmed it out to 9 psi now Im getting a lean condition on occasion not all the time but occasionally, and sometimes it runs perfectly. Im thinking its my O2 sensor starting to go bad, It does make the mixture gauge cycle quite a bit during idle and constant throttle operation. Anyone have any other ideas or suggestions, oh and I was running 6 psi before and the rebuild was a stock rebuild.

DrakeMK3

"The Duck"
Mar 30, 2005
Knoxville, TN
First off, it sounds like you're using the stock, narrow-band O2 sensor which will mean nothing more than a light show on you a/f gauge. If I were you, I'd be tempted to have it hooked up to a wideband O2 sensor (they have them at my local dyno) and see if you are truely running lean. If you are, your fuel pump may be going out, you could have dirty injectors, etc.

1987supraomega

Stupid hurts
Apr 11, 2005
Elroy, WI
www.cardomain.com
Yea it does flicker quite a bit although it does seem to work fairly well under heavy load, last time I had it dynoed I was running extremly rich even so bad it was off their charts, but seeing as how I just got it out for the year it could be the injectors partially clogged. There is something definately wrong though b/c the car will hold back or hesitate and the engine light will come on when the car reads in lean. I'll try running a bottle of injector cleaner through it and see if it helps any.

Supra Blues

Virgin Booster
Mar 30, 2005
Supramania
DrakeMK3 said:
First off, it sounds like you're using the stock, narrow-band O2 sensor which will mean nothing more than a light show on you a/f gauge. If I were you, I'd be tempted to have it hooked up to a wideband O2 sensor (they have them at my local dyno) and see if you are truely running lean. If you are, your fuel pump may be going out, you could have dirty injectors, etc.

Curious, how much did they charge you for the rebuild?