Ebay 50mm wastegate

Krister

Holset lover
May 2, 2005
Finland, Europe
Hello,

Search didnt come up with anything conclusive.

Anybody have experiences with the Ebay 50mm HKS clone wastegate. Goes around with the name "Stone mountain racing".

I'd like to hear real life experiences of the wastegate and no "you get what you pay for" and "ebay stuff is crap" -comments.

It's a wastegate, there arent that many moving parts so my guess is that they could work ok. There was a guy on SF that was running one on his SP74MM 7M and sais it works like a charm. I'd like to hear similar using experiences, good or bad.

I was thinking of mounting this on the same manufacturer Ebay 7M header (Yes I've read about the fitting issues with the oil filter, wastegate and an adapter needed for the turbo). I was wondering how this would work on it?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated :)

Krister

chevyeater

wastegate hose is pulled
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
POS, a friend has one. It likes to stick shut when the valve guide falls out of the wastegate housing and gets jammed. They did send him another one for free. Same POS though.

Alpinesupra

Cars never talk back
Apr 6, 2005
mckinney, tx
ive only seen the 38mm one run and those were on civic's and teg's and the only thing that was really wrong with them was that the spring was weaker then the real thing other than that they worked just fine with a bc.
thanks
-sean

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
I have a Tial.

Save yourself acouple hundred bucks, get the ebay and polish the internals. It's the same damn thing with less finish work.