Vpc

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
So I'm about to buy a HKS VPC that's supposedly in really good condition for a fair price...

So the pressure/temp sensor go to the brain which converts those signals into a signal that the ECU recognizes as a KV signal?

is there ANYTHING else I need to know? Get the right chip in there and turn it on?

I'd also like everyone's opinions on it... I read every thread containing VPC on SF and didn't find anything negitive about it...

Yes, its expensive for what you get, but that's okay. :)

Last edited:

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
Yes, the VPC basically just converts a MAP signal (voltage) + temp signal into what value the stock AFM would normally spit out (Hz).

Go ahead and buy both the 550cc and 440cc chip, they are pretty cheap and you never know when you might need the other. I've seen some people have better results using 440 chip with 550cc injectors.

I recently got a VPC myself and I've been very happy with it. It was a bit of a pain to install with the e-Manage since I basically had to rewire parts of the e-Manage but it was worth the effort. It's nice to not worry about boost leaks, stalling from external vent BOV, and sensitive KV AFM screwing up. Depending on your mod level you may or may not even notice any power increase, but as you mod more you will see a difference.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
What part of the wiring was a pain? I havn't seen any wiring instructions so I'm not sure all that needs to be wired.

Do you have any pictures of everythig you bought? My dad's going down to california for work and he's going to physically pick it up when he's down there I want him to have a picture to make sure he gets everything...

Yah, I'm looking forward to not having an AFM or a MAF/T... I don't understand why HKS discontinued these!

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
There is always the MAP ECU thats still around. I was concidering buying one myself, its very expensive though; even if it does do a lot.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
with the price of the emanage and the vpc i could have gotten a MAP ECU...

oh well, i'm going to have fun with this I'm sure... I wouldn't be able to program a map ecu anyway, I'm new to this 'tuning' thing

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
What you receive with the VPC should be the VPC main unit, a MAP sensor, a temperature sensor, and a harness that runs from two sensors to the VPC. Depending on what car the VPC was in before, it may or may not have the correct ECU harness and chip inside the VPC.

The e-Manage + VPC is a much more flexible combo then the MAP ECU alone.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
I know it won't have the correct harness/chip, but I'm going to sell those... so a single harness that connects the two sensors to the vpc, or two different harnesss'?

yah, there were about two days there where I was confused for some reason... i knew damn well a map-ecu wasn't a stand-alone but for a few days I was thinking it was :rolleyes:

thanks for your help, by the way.

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
Yes a single harness connects the VPC to the two sensors.

MAP ECU wasn't exactly the greatest name, the word ECU tends to indicate standalone.

90gsx

The vpc is a great tunning tool. I run it on my dsm and was very easy to install. You can run open turbo at the track if you want. I wired my afc in the vpc harness and I have great tunning along with a chipped ecu. Standalone is not a plug and play thing and requires alot of tunning. The vpc + afc is a very easy and powerful way to tune. They idle my 660s fine.