head light short

tomjan87

Apr 18, 2005
Madison, WI
ok so heres the deal. I am looking at this car. 88 turbo
has a blown engine(spun bearing i think), rebiult head, rebiult turbo, rebuilt trans.(manual)
body great shape. It has an electrical short though. I cant go look at the car(too far away), so i just have to go by what the seller is saying. He is moving so he needs to get rid of it quick. He said the short started in the headlight relay, and moved through the wire to the fuse box, he said you just had to replace the relay, and wire, and it should be all good. Not the best at electrical, so what do you guys think.
Price is 900 bucks, so i dont think i can go wrong, but you never know. I have to get more info on the car, but so far it seems like a good deal. Thanks for any input
Joe

YoNkErS87t

streetside mechanic
Mar 31, 2005
In the Garage
You have to think if you want to spend the money and time with the engine first of all.
The short wouldn't be my main concern, but it would be a pain in ass to me, because i hate wiring.

If it was me and the car was in realy good shape(I mean realy good), I would swap out the engine and put a Jspec in and do the head gasket while it was out.

If the car is in ok shape and some thing you wouldn't drive. I would strip it and use it for parts. Its not a bad Idea to have extra parts on the side just in case.

$900 is bad either way you go.