1989 SupraT vs. 2003???SVT Mustang Cobra

SuPrADr1Ft786

Apr 5, 2005
Davenport, Florida, United States
A couple months ago the day I blew a head gasket I was driving on one of the maine interstates here in Florida, I4, I was just cruisin and I drive by this Mustang, of course I didn't want to start anything with him because I thought he would embaress me. So u know I'm just cruisin, I pass him going about 80 and he's goin about 70. I look in my rear view mirror and I see his car jump and accelerate and next thing u know he's door to door with me revving at me, I look at him, and I'm like ok. We start at a rolling start of like 50 im in 5th BAM!!! he drops it to 3rd and I drop it to 3rd and here i am a half a car behind him and I'm just catchin up and passing him and just gaining on him and beat him by like 2 cars, then we race again and this time were in the higher traffic part of I4 we down shift and I gain on him again and this time I hear a ssss sound and he gaines on me and leaves me about 2 car lengths and I see that he had a NX sticker in the back window and a license plate frame with the NX name, if I'm not mistaken he ended up sprayin on me. So I get into my high speed mode and just start weavin through traffic going in between cars hitting about 160MPH and I leave his ass behind because of traffic, the guy was sprayin on me and so I was like OK, I may not have a nitrous system but what I do have is balls and just went freakin Japanese Wangan style of his ass and left his ass behind I'm talkin about a good quarter mile away, and I'm just crackin up, me and my 2 friends that were with me in the car. The funny thing is all I have is an RPS 6 puck clutch, intake filter, greddy timing belt, cut springs, stock exhaust just no cat, JIC magic control arm bar, and a greddy turbo timer(not a HP upgrade) and I beat an SVT Cobra, car was garbage, I couldnt believe it, next thing u know my car overheated and ended up blowing my head gasket, lol, it was worth it. It was awsome. I was soooo happy I started giving my car hugs and kisses. I love our Supras, except for the fact they blow head gaskets, but its not the cars fault, its the factorys. I cant wait to get my car running again, just gonna take it easy this time. U guys we got some freakin highway monsters .

91suprat

1991 Black Supra Turbo
Apr 4, 2005
Chicago Area
SuPrADr1Ft786 said:
A couple months ago the day I blew a head gasket I was driving on one of the maine interstates here in Florida, I4, I was just cruisin and I drive by this Mustang, of course I didn't want to start anything with him because I thought he would embaress me. So u know I'm just cruisin, I pass him going about 80 and he's goin about 70. I look in my rear view mirror and I see his car jump and accelerate and next thing u know he's door to door with me revving at me, I look at him, and I'm like ok. We start at a rolling start of like 50 im in 5th BAM!!! he drops it to 3rd and I drop it to 3rd and here i am a half a car behind him and I'm just catchin up and passing him and just gaining on him and beat him by like 2 cars, then we race again and this time were in the higher traffic part of I4 we down shift and I gain on him again and this time I hear a ssss sound and he gaines on me and leaves me about 2 car lengths and I see that he had a NX sticker in the back window and a license plate frame with the NX name, if I'm not mistaken he ended up sprayin on me. So I get into my high speed mode and just start weavin through traffic going in between cars hitting about 160MPH and I leave his ass behind because of traffic, the guy was sprayin on me and so I was like OK, I may not have a nitrous system but what I do have is balls and just went freakin Japanese Wangan style of his ass and left his ass behind I'm talkin about a good quarter mile away, and I'm just crackin up, me and my 2 friends that were with me in the car. The funny thing is all I have is an RPS 6 puck clutch, intake filter, greddy timing belt, cut springs, stock exhaust just no cat, JIC magic control arm bar, and a greddy turbo timer(not a HP upgrade) and I beat an SVT Cobra, car was garbage, I couldnt believe it, next thing u know my car overheated and ended up blowing my head gasket, lol, it was worth it. It was awsome. I was soooo happy I started giving my car hugs and kisses. I love our Supras, except for the fact they blow head gaskets, but its not the cars fault, its the factorys. I cant wait to get my car running again, just gonna take it easy this time. U guys we got some freakin highway monsters .

dude if that had been an svt im pretty sure he would have smoked you, and if he had nitrous it would have been even worse. your car doesnt really have anything to increase your hp all that much. stock our cars are heavy and slow. maybe it was a GT, you could probably hang with one of those. anyway good kill i guess :dunno:

SuPrADr1Ft786

Apr 5, 2005
Damn I didnt think about that, it could have been a GT with SVT badges, thas true, damn now I feel like a dumb ass, lol. Well even if it was a GT thats not bad, 2 more cylinders than me and more power, but then again, Im pretty sure that if it was a just straight all the way he probably would of taken me, or even worse, he probably didn't even gun it, damn, well thanks man. Take care dude, PEACE

snafu5962

HONDA HATER
Apr 6, 2005
southern pa
I agree, proally a GT. The Cobras are pretty freakin quick for a fairly stock MK3-T. The only Cobra that was around the same speed as a newer GT is like the 98s and stuff. I think spray is dumb for the damage it causes for the short pleasure it gives. I would have laughed so hard if he would have bursted into flames as he was passing you!

The blowing past him at 160 is pretty cool but it kinda reminds me of a ricer flyby (only alot faster :icon_lol: ). Good to see u out there callin out the american muscle w/ ur Jap. Muscle and bein the bigger man w/o gay spray!

cut springs? :squirt-mo Not a performance mod or a good idea. If ur gunna drop ur MK3 (or any car for that matter) do it right, not the Mexican Mod way. when u replace ur head gasket dont cheap out on that too, be sure to go with ARP head bolts and studs, HKS metal head gasket, and get the block resurfaced.

91suprat

1991 Black Supra Turbo
Apr 4, 2005
Chicago Area
snafu5962 said:
be sure to go with ARP head bolts and studs

head bolts or studs can't use both :) but yea hes right use studs(more even torque), and cutting springs is no good at all, throws your spring rates all out of wack, no good at all, get some st's or something they are cheap and get the job done.

SuPrADr1Ft786

Apr 5, 2005
Yeaup, its ok. Yea I was planning to go with some titan motorsports 2.0mm head gaskets with arp head bolts. I would go with studs but they look too complicated to put on,but I dont know. I was gonna go with some titans because they are a pretty good price and made by the people who knows Supras best, plus I plan on taking the motor apart next year and just like rebuilding it with parts that can handle more power. Before I was aiming towards the HKS HG's but then I started to think. Ok, why am I gonna spend money on something that I'm gonna have to replace next year, when u can get something close to HKS but cheaper. If HG's were reusable, I would go with HKS with out a problem, but u know, thats not possible, lol. As far as my suspension goes, lol. U see I was sooo anxious to see my car lowered that I just took the springs from my old supra(guy before me cut the springs) and put them on mine, since I like how it looked I kept them on my newer Supra. I regret it, car sits too low, I cant even go over speed bump without alsmost crying, but since I'm graduating this year, thank god, I told my parents for my graduation present I wanted a JIC magic suspension(FLTA-2's) with cusco strut bars, tanabe sway bars, and a do-luck rear cross bar, lol, hopefully they will get it. They said they will, so lets see, they never let me down, so lets see what happens, fingers crossed. Well thats about it, damn I cant wait, 1 more week till school is done and 2 weeks till graduation. Well u guys, take care and thanks for the heads up fellas. God Bless

91suprat

1991 Black Supra Turbo
Apr 4, 2005
Chicago Area
studs are actually probably easier to get the head on and get everything lined up, not that bolts are real hard or anything but whatever. oh and metal head gaskets are reusable. :icon_bigg

SuPrADr1Ft786

Apr 5, 2005
LOL no way u serious??? the HKS are reusable??? if thats for real then I would go with some HKS ones. I cant believe they are reusable, how is that possible?? I read that once head gaskets are sealed you cant reuse them, can it be because they are metal?? Dang dude thanks. I guess its true what they say, u learn something new everyday. Bro thanks.

91suprat

1991 Black Supra Turbo
Apr 4, 2005
Chicago Area
SuPrADr1Ft786 said:
LOL no way u serious??? the HKS are reusable??? if thats for real then I would go with some HKS ones. I cant believe they are reusable, how is that possible?? I read that once head gaskets are sealed you cant reuse them, can it be because they are metal?? Dang dude thanks. I guess its true what they say, u learn something new everyday. Bro thanks.

yea no problem man. that is true witha stock gasket and the stock bolts for that matter. the stock gasket will never reseal more than once. the metal ones however dont wear very much at all. the rubber coating on the outside will be worn off, but you just use some copper spray to kinda replece it and your good to go.

grimace65

Apr 3, 2005
so cal
im gonna race my old friends cobra mustang sometime next week. but first i need to install my t88-h! Can i take him with it?but before i put my t88h i need to break in my newly built motor with at least 500mi.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
So I get into my high speed mode and just start weavin through traffic going in between cars hitting about 160MPH and I leave his ass behind because of traffic, the guy was sprayin on me and so I was like OK, I may not have a nitrous system but what I do have is balls and just went freakin Japanese Wangan style of his ass and left his ass behind I'm talkin about a good quarter mile away, and I'm just crackin up, me and my 2 friends that were with me in the car.

and heres where you lost all respect from me.

SuPrADr1Ft786

Apr 5, 2005
Dont worry I dont speed often, its only when peeps start with me, and not even that, once in a blue moon, got too many tickets and cant afford to get another one, already in a year my license has been suspended 2 times, i think thats enough for me, plus as u get older u start to become more and more considerate, speeding kills man, sometimes its not even u, it can be that u blow a tire and just lose control or a person can just cut u off and bam!!! I had too many close call accidents. And grimace65, I think u might slaughter that Mustang with the t88, I dont know much about turbos but I hear t88's are good, decent horsepower increase. Well u guys, take care and god bless.