Attn: MA71SUPRATURBO Jeff (Harness bars)

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
Works great! The car is noticably stiffer over speed bumps and back roads. I've also used it on two track events, passing tech easily. I have the pictures saved on another computer, but I will get them uploaded tonight.

Jeff Gore
'87t hardtop

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
Welds look great, the bar fit perfectly on all the mounting locations except the passenger floorboard. That said, that mount was only 1/4" off the floorboard and the bolt sucked it down perfectly flush when tightened. Plus my supra has been through more stress/strain than 99% of the mk3's, so I honestly expected most of the mounts to be slightly off.

The side flanges are made with a small gap (~3/8") to accomidate the interior panels (as well as the stock seatbelt if need be). Since my car is gutted, I used some washers I had lying around the shop to mock it up. I now have a metal plate waiting to go in to act as a better spacer than the washers -- and whenever I get time to install it, I'll try to take some chassis deflection measurements too.

Edit: damn, the size requirement is smaller now? I thought it used to be 80k?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 622
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 501
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 484
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 470

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
i would like to be running it. it looks amazing. i remember seeing the first pictures of it and was amazed at the quality of the welds. that's some excellent craftsmanship right there. how much was it again?

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Well since Jeff was the honorary gineua pig and great test pilot, he got a special price.
Thanks again Jeff!
For all others, $185 plus shipping with a pre-signed "Hold Harmless Release form"