WHOOO HOOOOO!!!! Code 52!!!

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
Well, got my trans back in today, after installing a new clutch and ACT pressure plate(ebay). Turns out my car was running with a N/A disk and the correct pressure plate and flywheel(??????) Must have been, because the new clutch was about 10 MM larger Diamater(Parts store clutch disk). It lined up perfect with the edge of the flywheel. So, now my clutch works. I go for a test drive, and ease around a few times. All seems to be well. So, on the way back, I stomp on it with the boost controller set to stock boost. I am greeted with hesitation and backfires. Look down and see the nice orange glow of the CEL...

Turns out I broke the plug off the knock sensor while putting the top starter bolt back in. Well, I have a spare 3s engine laying around, that happened to be late model with a knock sensor peeking out from under the manifold. I go yank the KS out of it, and slap it in the sup. Took her down the road and she runs beautifully! 10 PSI now has lots of power and no clutch slip. It feels great.

Moral of the story is, take your back knock sensor out before messing with the top starter bolt!!!!