where to buy chrome????

Alpinesupra

Cars never talk back
Apr 6, 2005
mckinney, tx
hey, i am getting a set of the 91-92 wheels and want to chrome them :wuteva: , but have no idea where to go or send them.
i live in mckinney, tx and thats close to dallas. if anyone knows plz let me know i cant find a place.
i would rather have them chromed :bigthumb: instead of the saw blades :thumbdown .
-sean

NATAN666

yarrrrr
Apr 4, 2005
BC
user.dccnet.com
there are proabbly hundreds if not thousands of electroplating shops (which is what you want to find BTW) in texas. look in the phonebook under electroplating..

supraaddict87

Apr 3, 2005
Morgantown WV
www.geocities.com
Stop at a local harley/bike shop, they could probly tell you of a shop nearby that does small part runs. I dont know anything about your area, but a large amount of the plating shops around me will only run large (production) parts.

mike

Rajunz

Fast Coonass
Apr 5, 2005
Austin, Texas USA
www.cardomain.com
For your wheels, getting them chromed is going to cost you close to what a new set of wheels will run ($500+). However, there is a place in Mesquite called Enduro Powder Coating that will powder coat them with what is called "Near Chrome" for about $30.00 per wheel. Good Luck.

PynkEye

Mar 30, 2005
ya Powdercoating Near Chrome isnt so much of a chrome look, they use it for transparent colors, kinda like a Candy color. Id really not powdercoat them chrome, its not that nice...maybe kinda look like polished mags..but still u see the paint effect. If going gun metal or black ok for powdercoating...but trying to get close to chrome or polish is hard

Alpinesupra

Cars never talk back
Apr 6, 2005
mckinney, tx
if i went to chrome something i would do it all the way.
and yes i just you guys were right, i found a shop here near me and it would cost 600 for all four wheels.
when i could save that and get some better wheels or turbo or something bigger and better, ya know.
-sean

Alpinesupra

Cars never talk back
Apr 6, 2005
mckinney, tx
MKIIINA said:
u not just do it ala sawblades style w/ a shit load of hardwork, sandpaper, polish......?

Joe why would i do it to the saw blades?
those are so ugly and heavy. 23ibs each i dont think so way to heavy. i would rather have the 91-92 5 star ones chrome.
duh :bigthumb:
-sean