What a good feeling...It runs

KevinM

Knowledge driven
Mar 30, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.cardomain.com
Some of you saw pics not too long ago of my 88 that was near completion of the new turbo stuff. I finally started it on Sun. (first try actually which is a nice feeling as well). Took it during some time off today to get the turbo elbow finished and was able to put some initial miles on it. I have got on it some and the power is nice. I keep blowing off the lower IC hose off the IC inlet (the HKS one the routes it straight under) so I'll put on a t-bolt clamp and mount the piping up better. Still needs tuning, etc, but it's nice to be able to drive it after all this time.

Hard getting used to "normal" clutches after driving the RPS stg 3 everyday.

Still lots of little things to do, but I'm happy I can drive this one again.

Also, for those in my GB, I finally got 40 more brackets tonight and will begin working on them. The last 7o that had been sent to me had the tabs in the wrong place for those who hadn't asked what was taking sooo long. I'm am truely sorry about the delays and will try to make it up to everyone.

Here's a few pics:

501883_166_full.jpg

501883_167_full.jpg

501883_169_full.jpg

501883_168_full.jpg

501883_165_full.jpg

501883_163_full.jpg

Jetfixr757

Sleeper
Mar 30, 2005
Cocoa, Florida
Dude your car is spankin', great job, i have a Mica Red Pearl one as well, it is not Burgundy but that is the "common" name for that color. Nice job.
William 89T
p.s. that is a massive hair dryer.....

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Love the car man, looks great. It's cool how you recirculate(sp?) the BOV rather than just vent to the atmosphere. Don't see that to much. (except on stock)

Cz.

CAR > FAMILY
Mar 31, 2005
Seattle, WA
Stock clutches, haha, I know exactly what you mean. Got a TRD stage 2 in mine, pretty much what I learned on, driving normal cars is kind of weird.

B

browning

wow that looks good have a question for ya tough how did you relocate the power steering resivoir?and how do you like it in that location i'm getting ready to put mine back in and def don't like the stock position.

KevinM

Knowledge driven
Mar 30, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.cardomain.com
I relocated the PS resivour to that area on both my Supra's and it has worked out great (although you have to get rid on the charcoal canister).

The header is one from Japan that I picked up a long time ago from Jimbo. The flanges are 5/8's thick and it's built pretty well. Just puts the turbo a little high. The turbo is a t3/t04e "o" trim from stone mt or whoever off ebay. It was $400 for a turbo/wastegate/BOV so I figured it would work OK as a temp.

Kevin

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
Glad to see it running. Did you get the header panel straightened out so you can have a good guinea pig for the unibrows?