Stock temp sensor

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
Like any other knucklehead wrenching on thier Supra,I waant to know how my motor is doing via a set of cool gauges. problem is,where can I put in a Autometer water temp sensor? The stock location is a different size for the sensor,(even tho it comes with 2 adaptors that don't fit) and finding any space on that water neck is a joke! Has any one used the stock sensor to run a aftermarket gauge? Could the sensor be t'd so the stock gauge could still function? Nothing like a dead gauge in a cool cluster.Any adice would be appreciated. :rant2:

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
you could probably weld on of the adapters to a piece of pipe that was shaped like an upper radiator hose, and screw the sensor into it. Then place rubber couplers on the ends, and you have a new radiator hose and a coolant temp sensor. :)

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
That is exactly what I did initially, but I ended up plugging it into the top port of the housing where the coolant return from the turbo used to be. If it's mounted after the thermostat the temp readings lag some, but it worked pretty good otherwise...

J

JerzeySlowpra

autometer sells a american --> metric fiting that fits because i have it in my car, plug and play

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
Well,i have a 7mge piece that goes from the block to the thermostat and water neck,it has a few sensors in it BEFORE the therm,what I might have to do is have a hole tapped into it for the turbo water inlet,which is blank,and and install a new feed pipe being as I chewed up the origional.(Home Base here I come) Dam,the simple jobs always turn out to be A PITA!

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
Found a simple solution!! I fabbed this up from The "Help!" department at my local Pep Boyz,this way I can still use the origional stock gauge,(no dead gauge) and the sensor is BEHIND the thermostat.Ugly,a little...Functional,HELL YES!!!